Bear cruzer G2

deerfever

My son who is 15 has been wanting to get a compound, this seems to be a good beginner bow adjusting from 12 to 30 draw length and 5 to 70 pounds. Reviews are positive but just wondering if anyone has any experience with this RTH package. Thanks

Last edited:

Shag

Following. I had thought about getting the same package for my daughter. For the price and all of the adjustability, it seems like the perfect entry compound bow.

CharlieTN

My daughter started her archery journey with the previous model, the Bear Cruzr. It was a good bow but the only major issue we ran into was that it had no back wall which became an issue as she progressed in her skills and ability. But otherwise it was a solid bow that shot great.

GhillieBow

Great bow for a beginner. As Charlie said the backwall is spongy so proper consistent anchor is very important but good form is important anyway.

I hunt with it this is my first season so I might upgrade afterwards. I would get limb dampeners and maybe swap out the peep sight but its a great bow for the price.

deerfever

The more I researched Bear makes several of these RTH bows and they are all similar and seem to be great for the money. I ended up ordering him the Bear Vast Extra package. I got a great deal on this one and it comes with absolutely everything he needs to hunt arrows, release and even broadheads are included with the extra deal. The package even has extra inserts if you have to cut the arrow length.

Ski

I had the original Cruzer and like Charlie says the backwall is soft. But that's not a big deal at all. I shot deer with it at 70lbs then set it up for my wife, then for a friend who was visiting fromout of state, then eventually set it up for a young lady who was interested in trying bow hunting. I set the bow up for her to see of she liked archery and she loved it so I just let her keep it. If I ever come across another one at a good deal I'd buy it just to have for stuff like that. Seriously easy bow to set up and use for anybody, and I can attest it kills deer.

SinningSaint33

I have a LEGIT rth and it does in fact kill deer. Very similar to the cruzer. I had never bowhunTed before last year, I've always gun hunted and it just got to where it wasn't even fun anymore. I knew if I saw a deer and had that rifle in my hands, it was game over. Heck. It got to where I didn't deer hunt much at all. Buying that LEGIT re-ignited my desire to deer hunt and I hunted every chance I had last year and have been every chance I've had this year.

Ski

I had never bowhunTed before last year, I've always gun hunted and it just got to where it wasn't even fun anymore. I knew if I saw a deer and had that rifle in my hands, it was game over. Heck. It got to where I didn't deer hunt much at all. Buying that LEGIT re-ignited my desire to deer hunt and I hunted every chance I had last year and have been every chance I've had this year.

Welcome to the fray! I'm a life long bow hunter and still eat up with it. It's still challenging.

CrossVolle

I have a LEGIT rth and it does in fact kill deer. Very similar to the cruzer. I had never bowhunTed before last year, I've always gun hunted and it just got to where it wasn't even fun anymore. I knew if I saw a deer and had that rifle in my hands, it was game over. Heck. It got to where I didn't deer hunt much at all. Buying that LEGIT re-ignited my desire to deer hunt and I hunted every chance I had last year and have been every chance I've had this year.
I have long said i could teach my wife (whom has never fired a shoulder mounted weapon) how to be proficient enough to kill a deer in about a weekend. She would try the rest of her life and likely never kill a deer with a bow. I am not poopooing what others do. I want everyone to get outside and enjoy the outdoors however it is legal for them to do so. But it just is not for me.

SinningSaint33

I have long said i could teach my wife (whom has never fired a shoulder mounted weapon) how to be proficient enough to kill a deer in about a weekend. She would try the rest of her life and likely never kill a deer with a bow. I am not poopooing what others do. I want everyone to get outside and enjoy the outdoors however it is legal for them to do so. But it just is not for me.
What?

redblood

i have gotten the same way with guns. deer walks out, deer dead. archery makes it interesting again to me

Latest posts