Be still my heart

PMC certified

I started with subsonic 30 cals years again and came to the conclusion expansion was a pipe dream. For years the slow twist is what held this hun back until I was able to rebarrel it with a tighter twist. Combined with casting and powder coating were the final pieces of the puzzle.

A 400 grain bullet at 1000 fps should do just fine on any deer I'm likely to see.

Hey Eric, looks like your doing well. You made a pretty good prediction all those years ago.

tug

I started with subsonic 30 cals years again and came to the conclusion expansion was a pipe dream. For years the slow twist is what held this hun back until I was able to rebarrel it with a tighter twist. Combined with casting and powder coating were the final pieces of the puzzle.

A 400 grain bullet at 1000 fps should do just fine on any deer I'm likely to see.

Hey Eric, looks like your doing well. You made a pretty good prediction all those years ago.

Bullet technology has changed. 30 cal subs do indeed expand. I hunt with a single shot 300 suppressed loaded with these bullets. They work as advertised.

This is the same reason 9mm has regained preeminence in handgun caliber. Bonded and monolithic construction changed the game.

Lehigh does not make .44 pistol bullets for low velocity but cutting edge does. That comes next. If I get time.

PMC certified

Got the rifle finished and tested for the season. Weighs in at 8.2 lbs with scope, suppressor and magazine loaded

20231125_141611.jpg

Drop chart made up

20231110_183340.jpg

Finally got to test it on live game yesterday. A nice big doe came to out last night about 4:30. Quartering away just about 100 yards. Turns out it was more like 110, so the shot was low. But the bullet performed.

400 gr cast powder coated over 7.6 gr of AC#5 right at 1000 fps. Low sound signature full penetration. Free recoil of about 7.5 ft.lb

20231125_133620_HDR.jpg

She ran / tumbeled about 40 yards down a hill. But easy to find. I think this gun may work.

Latest posts