Showing my Age

TiminTN

I ran across a chamber reamer for sale on another forum that I just could not quit thinking about. I know there are so dang many new cartridges out now it is info overload. But when I found brass available it closed the deal and I bought the reamer. Proud owner of a 257 Ackley. I googled 257 AI vs 25 Creedmoor and found the editor says the 257 AI should be ahead of the Creed by case volume, so anyway I found 110 Accubonds in stock and the Norma brass, should be a fun time. Oh, this case was supposed to be P.O. Ackleys favorite out of all cartridges he improved. It gained the most performance. Brux barrel order placed, a Remington sporter contour. I have several stocks to pick from with that inlet. Many years ago I had a 257 Roberts in a 700 Classic so have dies on hand to get me started will need Ackley dies too.

Last edited:

mr.big

It'll be closer to a 25-06 than a 25 Creedmoor ,, load date in the old manuals puts the 257ai about even with the 06 but they didn't have some of the powders we do now.

TiminTN

My newer manuals are 5 to 6 yrs old and have not looked for that caliber yet. I bet I will though.

OK, looks like the same powder that worked in the 700 Classic also does as well in the Ackley, H4831, got plenty. Will also try RL19, and IMR4831

Last edited:

Latest posts