BBall Vols!

cardia10

We struggle with turnovers and having a few true scorers. When Pons is that high in that category, we have an issue. He has improved vastly, but it is hard to win without leaders like we had last year.

Displaced_Vol

cardia10":165h4vkb said:
We struggle with turnovers and having a few true scorers. When Pons is that high in that category, we have an issue. He has improved vastly, but it is hard to win without leaders like we had last year.

All true.

Didn't watch closely tonight but what little I got to see looked much better. Way too inconsistent this year for it to mean anything and I think Arkansas is on a bit of a slide too. Gotta string a lot more of these together if we want to play in the tournament that matters!

PalsPal

Looked like a totally different team last night.

The only thing I can attribute it to is Ark must have just been a favorable matchup for us.

Most of their games have been close.

In looking at the stats, the one that stands out is we had 17 assists. That's huge. We also only had 11 turnovers. So that was a plus.

Maybe we can keep it going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cardia10

I hate totally being down on them, as the potential looks great. It is hard to believe we are this demanding after essentially being a lifelong bottom dweller in basketball.

Displaced_Vol

cardia10":a6ngbxbw said:
I hate totally being down on them, as the potential looks great. It is hard to believe we are this demanding after essentially being a lifelong bottom dweller in basketball.

That's a good point, but at least in my lifetime I wouldn't say we've been perennial bottom dwellers. We've definitely ebbed and flowed but there have been enough good years for us to want that repeated I think.

There's one thread from way back when where the conversation was that this was obviously going to be a bit of a down year, but I had hoped for Bowden (and Lamonte at that time) sake that they would over achieve. Still do but it hasn't really gone that direction.

If everybody sticks, and progresses like they did this year, next year could be entertaining.

cardia10

Displaced_Vol":1moelitr said:
That one was tough. Shouldn't have let it come to that.

Yeah, they should have been put away. The referees slowed the pace of the game a ton. It was kind of rough both ways with some of the weak calls.

PalsPal

Took our foot off of the gas. Rarely works out.

And I realized that they missed a ton of free throws, but so did we, with a few front ends of 1 & 1s.

That one was there for the taking.

Latest posts