Bass last night

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I don't normally put anything on my bream other than a little ketchup on every few bites.
Had bass last night and while it's not bream it is good.
Discovered as soon as it's cool enough to eat and some tartar sauce on it makes it AWESOME!

Wife was happy I found another couple bags of bream so she got to eat fish too.

E14BEFCE-8274-4F90-9F56-4FF53F9AFDEC.jpeg

JCDEERMAN

Hard to beat 12-15" bass and catfish filets. But yes, crappie and bream are the best there is. I like my bream filets with cocktail sauce. Love the coleslaw and onion additions

agelessssone

I don't normally put anything on my bream other than a little ketchup on every few bites.
Had bass last night and while it's not bream it is good.
Discovered as soon as it's cool enough to eat and some tartar sauce on it makes it AWESOME!

Wife was happy I found another couple bags of bream so she got to eat fish too.

View attachment 176979
LM Bass is our favorite fish, bar none.

Spurhunter

Don't leave out sauger. Taste almost identical to crappie
I beg to differ sir. Sauger have so much more flavor than crappie! I actually think the flavor of sauger is very similar to bluegill. Don't get me wrong, I love crappie and 95% of the time if I'm eating fish that's the species, but I'll take sauger or bluegill over crappie every time if given the choice.

TAFKAP

anyone had walleye? i heard they are very impressive as well, i just never encounter one

A guy on our Italian Fest team fishes up in the Great Lakes every year, and he swears it's the best freshwater fish. He brought some to one of the team dinners last year, and we pan sautéed some in butter. I can't say one way or another since I've never had it side-by-side with anything else, but I didn't have a life changing experience eating walleye. It was just as good as any bass, bream, or crappie I've eaten before. And I'm not talking it down. It was definitely good.

Latest posts