Bream and Bass

iowavf

I'll keep bass every once in awhile, but nothing very big. We have a 15" legal limit and that's about the size I like to eat. Meat is still firm and not mushy like the bigger seem to be. It's good for a pond or lake to keep some smaller ones too.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'll keep bass every once in awhile, but nothing very big. We have a 15" legal limit and that's about the size I like to eat. Meat is still firm and not mushy like the bigger seem to be. It's good for a pond or lake to keep some smaller ones too.
Where I do most of my bass fishing they have increased the limit to 7 per person and only 1 can be over 18".
I keep them from 10" to about 14". Never keep any bigger than that.

iowavf

Where I do most of my bass fishing they have increased the limit to 7 per person and only 1 can be over 18".
I keep them from 10" to about 14". Never keep any bigger than that.
Perfect eating size for me too. I fish a couple private ponds and finally convinced the owner we need to eat 14" bass. The pond got stunned for awhile and all the bass seemed the same size. Now you catch them from 12" little ones up to five and six pounders. He's happier and they eat more fish now.

redblood

We floated the river today and caught 1 to 1.5 smallmouth all day. Ended up keeping a dozen or so bluegill and black perch, but man was i tempted to keep some of the smallmouth. They were perfect size. If they were spotted bass, some would have come home with me.

Mud Creek

The right size smallie from the river is dang good!!

Haven't ate LMB in a long time. I remember them being pretty good though.

agelessssone

Largemouth bass meat is white and flaky, it our favorite fish to eat.
1. Largemouth
2. Yellow bass
3. Bream (of any species)
4. Perch
5. Walleye/sauger
Catfish don't make the table, always get released.
Well eat white bass sometimes, but rare.
Don't care for hybrid or striper or smallmouth bass.