Barnes TSX/TTSX expansion velocity?

Andy S.

All I know is that you can often go with a much lighter bullet with the 100% copper bullets, and get terminal performance similar to a heavier bullet.
I first witnessed this with a friend of mine who was shooting a .257 Weatherby Magnum around 2004. He was pushing 100-110 grain TSX copper bullets at 3,500+ fps and killing deer from TN to Saskatchewan. He said very few ever took a step.

Boll Weevil

That Accubond is a bad mammajamma for sure when pushed fast enough. I shoot them out of both my 25-06 and 7mag and it's about as close to a lighting bolted deer as I'll ever witness.

AlabamaSwamper

For the better part of 15 years, I've shot Barnes 130 grain TSX in my .270 WSM Browning A-bolt. 3250 fps, accurate, and of course deadly. I've always said the Barnes TSX shoot through the deer and two to three small trees behind the deer before they start slowing down. They literally penetrate to no end. Basically never find a bullet to see how it performs, but you always have two holes. I have started mixing in 140 grain Accubonds at 3,100 fps and have been just as impressed with their accuracy and performance on whitetail deer......and small trees in the background. :)
Saw a friend of mine kill a 300lb toad whitetail in Nebraska at 620 yards shooting that exact load.

Bullet turned vitals to jello and we found where it buried in the ground behind him

he did run 25 yards 😂

Latest posts