Barnes New MRX

skynimrod

Hey I was wondering if anybody has tried out the MRX bullet yet?
I'm thinking of reloading the 270 WSM in the 130 gr.
My A-Bolt loves the Hornady 130 gr. Interbond, and the Barnes 130 gr. Triple shock
MY Penatration Tests in wet phone books are great with these 2 bullets, but the MRX I bet will kick their asses, and looks like it would be accurate as all get out.

rvs9

I bought a couple of boxes, but have yet to reload for them. I gotta get on that. Will post the outcome.

Hogbear

In the Barnes newsletter, their engineer/devoloper wrote that the TSX and MRX would have pretty much indentical performance out to about 350 yards or so. The MRX retains more energy at longer ranges if you shoot further than that and has slightly less bullet-drop. If you don't do a lot of shots on game at 400+ yards, it's probably not worth the extra cost.

Tiny

What get me on the MRX is Why they didn't put them out in 50 count boxes,like the TSX,instead of the 20?

If they did the cost would compare to the Swift A-frames an I think more would be sold 30$ + - for 20 is a bit much,esp when you have to find a load for them.

Sniper

I got some to try in a 300 Win Mag. I found a load for them and have only shot some paper with them. They shoot and feed well though.

skynimrod

You guys have soms great points
I think you just talked me out of them for now until the price goes down.
I think I get my best bang for my buck with the hornady interbonds (great all around bullet) and save the triple shocks for Elk and Boar

Latest posts