Barnes bullets

jbhtn

Either one should do fine. The velocity is so low with a muzzleloader that the bullets are usually not bad about fragmenting. My experience loading barnes bullets for my rifles is that they make good quality products so they should work well.

SEC

I have always liked the hornady xtp. But i dont think a deer would know the difference

Southern Sportsman

A Barnes bullet with absolutely most definitely penetrate the shoulder. I've seen 'em do it several times. I shoot the 245 grain MZ expander. They're solid copper and have perforations in the front so that they open into "petals" after impact. They don't fragment and they are really accurate out of my Omega.

AlabamaSwamper

I have never failed to get a 100% pass-thru with a Barnes bullet. Not one single time. Rifle and Mzl.

And I've shot them from all angles and through shoulders. Seen them go through shoulders and exit completely through the hindquarters on severe quartering to me shots.

Not once has those bullets came apart or failed, not once.

BuckHunter511

Well took everyones advice and bought the .50 Barnes T-EZ 250gr bullets. I looked at reviews for them today also. The only problem with them is alot of T/C muzzleloaders were tight, but that can be easily fixed with a different sabot. Thanks for the input.

fairchaser

Southern Sportsman said:
A Barnes bullet with absolutely most definitely penetrate the shoulder. I've seen 'em do it several times. I shoot the 245 grain MZ expander. They're solid copper and have perforations in the front so that they open into "petals" after impact. They don't fragment and they are really accurate out of my Omega.

X2 ;)

treefarmer

Not all bullets shoot well in all guns. Some are downright poor shooters even though it is a good bullet in a good gun. Shoot the one that is accurate for the 100 grains you want to shoot.

warpheagle

I shoot an Encore, and started shooting Barnes several years back. Best bullet I've shot so far. I shot a bull elk last Fall thru the front shoulder at 150 yds and dropped him. Several deer the same way. I use the T-EZ 290 grain. They do load a little tight for the encore, but the E-Z is not quite as bad. Keep your barrel as clean as possible, (I shoot the Blackhorn 209 powder that burns pretty clean), and usually always swab between shots on the range just to keep better consistency on my groups. If reloading a tight bullet is a chore for you in a rush, you can always put a powerbelt in your pocket :)

Latest posts