Baked Green Beans

TennesseeRains

Get hold of some fresh green beans...pole beans best.

String em - cut off both ends - of course wash them.

Pre-heat oven to 325.

Then - put a mess of beans in a bowl; drizzle some olive oil over em, then sprinkle some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper on em too. Then roll them around with your hands...put em on a cookie sheet now - just one layer.

Now, the secret part....either finely chop some fresh basil - or use the dried store-bought stuff - then sprinkle it on...

Then - (the part where I can't eat) - sprinkle you on some mozzerella cheese!!!

Place into oven for 30 minutes.

Then eat.

Hawk

I will try that.
We cook asparagus almost the same but leave off the basil, use parmesan cheese and cook for a little less time.

green doe

I love roasted vegetables. I can eat any vegetable roasted, like beets, that I don't eat if prepared differently. I have never put mozzerella cheese on roasted green beans, though. Might have to try that.

BMan

Are you roasting sliced beets, or whole beets?

These recipes are making my stomach growl...

green doe

They were whole beets. I washed them but didn't peel them, then cut off the ends and drizzled a little olive oil. I wish I could tell you the temperature or the time but I can't remember and my recipe collection is in turmoil due to the move.

I do remember, though, that you have to be really careful with the juice and use lots of foil. In fact, I think I used a foil-lined 9 x 14 pan and not a sheet pan. That beet juice stains the dickens out of everything and I am about as clumsy as they come.

bowriter

R.I.P.
GD- If you are a big green bean fan, my wife does them in a microwave bag with lots of butter, a little OVO and a tad of chopped garlic. Takes about four minutes and come out just as crunchy and tasty as can be. Has become my fave.

jb3

BW - my wife does the green beans that way as well w/out the garlic. With two hungry kids in the house it's a lot quicker than on the stove.

Latest posts