Bad luck

easy45

Anyone ever walked in on their stand like this, I was really looking forward to hunting this stand this morning
1F611230-2D05-4152-ABD0-69626F81D4F3.jpeg

rem270

I had a tree fall yesterday that almost took out my stand. It took several limbs from the tree my stand is in with it. Also have to cut me out a new path to get to my stand.

mike243

Yep but no damage Luckly, on the other hand the land owners son-in-law shot the bottom section and busted it, I decided I wasn't fixing it and having to fix him when it happened again.

BSK

Yup, far too often.

Had one fall and crush a stand I had a 50/50 chance of hunting that morning. From a nearby stand, I heard the tree fall and thought, "Wow, I bet that was close to my other stand." Actually fell right through it, pile-driving into a twisted ball of metal at the bottom of the tree.

Atchman2

I had a blind I made in a root ball. I was thinking "what are the odds another tree would fall in the same exact place"? Sure enough I went back one week and a BIG limb the size of a tree was squashing my spot!

I have had an old stand collapse before. I didn't have the support on it very well and it slid. Luckily I was pretty close to the ground when it gave out and I held on to it and rode it down. The bad thing was my friend was right underneath me and I fell on him! Knocked the wind out of both of us!

Last thing, I have been trying to bear proof my feeders. I strung the feeder between two trees. The tension of the cable broke one of the trees! Either that or a bear tried to climb up and the weight of the bear and the cable was too much for it. The tree was rotten somewhere though. When I went up the tree to place the cable, hornets got me.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Anyone ever walked in on their stand like this, I was really looking forward to hunting this stand this morning
Looks like it was a successful hunt.:)

Hopefully, you'll have better days this season.

Last edited:

74MOPAR

That does suck, glad you weren't in it.
one of my spots was logged a few years back and another guy was in there later cutting firewood. He dropped a tree right on my ladder stand. He had 20 acres to cut on and just happened to ruin a new tree stand. We're probably both lucky he wasn't there when I found it. For some reason he kept having trouble with his log splitter after that, kinda like there was water or mt dew in the gas 🤔

Kahrman

Yep. I got lucky. The way the tree fell actually protected my stand. It did not get damaged at all.
It sure does suck when you walk in expecting to hunt and find your stand on the ground.

Latest posts