bacon deer burgers

readonly

Tried something new. I ground 1 1/2 #'s of chopped bacon with 10 #'s of cubed venison. Then pressed into burgers. Me and my boys had them for the first time tonight and they turned out excellent. Burger with a hint of bacon flavor. They grilled up very cleanly with little grease. I will definitely do more and greater quantity next year. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Lt.Dan

Tried something new. I ground 1 1/2 #'s of chopped bacon with 10 #'s of cubed venison. Then pressed into burgers. Me and my boys had them for the first time tonight and they turned out excellent. Burger with a hint of bacon flavor. They grilled up very cleanly with little grease. I will definitely do more and greater quantity next year. Give it a try if you haven't already.
I did that last year. Can't find the patties in the freezer. I must have ate the all.

Chickenrig

Most of your large grocery stores will carry a small box of bacon ends and pieces. Basically it's just the ugly, irregular cuts of bacon(smallish pieces). It is a lot cheaper than buying a package of bacon By the pound.
Shooooot
Them ends and pieces used to be cheaper
Down here they have gotten pricey
That's what i use and yes it makes for some fine grillin burgers !!!!

agelessssone

Question? Do you cook the bacon pieces BEFORE you add it to the venison or just mix it in raw?
We had venison burgers last night, fried in bacon grease.

Tenntrapper

Question? Do you cook the bacon pieces BEFORE you add it to the venison or just mix it in raw?
We had venison burgers last night, fried in bacon grease.
Adding uncooked bacon into your grind will not give you the bacon flavor you're used to. It's good...just not the same.
But to answer your question...it goes in uncooked.

mike243

I have added it raw to the deer before I grind it and sometimes it's hard to keep it together due to the fat, if you just buy the bits and pieces its better to grind and add, otherwise fry the slices and add to the burger after cooking in the grease, ends up tasting the same to me

HoytDawg

I do the same but use brisket fat from what i trim off cooking briskets. My wife doesn't love deer but we make smash burgers that way and she loves it

Chickenrig

The soup mix is a great idea. Thanks. I'm gonna try that on my next grind. What is the ratio that you use?
I don't add the soup mix to the grind
I mix it up in a bowl the morning off grilling and let it sit all day to blend flavors.
Also try add some high temp cheese of your choice for a bacon cheese buger
Yum yum time 😋

mike243

The LOS mix gives me bad gas mixed into beef, probably shut down the county if I had it with deer, it's really good but can get too salty