ATA show

PillsburyDoughboy

Re: ATA show

TNDeerGuy":1ccugnzi said:
Yeah, I've got a new Elite Victory 37 on order, as of yesterday—stoked is an understatement!

Is that the air gun that shoots the arrow like 425fps everyone is blabbering over?

450 FPS . The cylinder is Charged by either a Manual Bicycle type pump or a housed CO2 canister . Fully charged it's good for 8 consistent shots with zero leak down over a normal hunting season .

Wholesale is like $728 which includes 6 arrows quiver and scope . the manual pump sells separately for $150 and the C02 canister sells for $350.
Once legalized in TN I see this as a long range alternative weapon of choice .

The hash marks in the scope give 80 yard ranges and they told us they are dead on the money .

I think they have a real winner here . May not be for everyone. Handicapped people will certainly benefit from it . You can practically chocolate chip cookie it with just one finger .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

PillsburyDoughboy":2prsf88o said:
Oh almost forgot PSE new Carbon Bow is one sweet bow . Shot dead in the hand for me and was quite quite quite . I think I will have to examine my options on a new bow purchase this year . Elite is top of the list

Elite on top of your list? Good!!! I've got a Elite Victory 39 I'll sell ya--gotta make room!! :lol:

PillsburyDoughboy

TNDeerGuy":27yve2uz said:
PillsburyDoughboy":27yve2uz said:
Oh almost forgot PSE new Carbon Bow is one sweet bow . Shot dead in the hand for me and was quite quite quite . I think I will have to examine my options on a new bow purchase this year . Elite is top of the list

Elite on top of your list? Good!!! I've got a Elite Victory 39 I'll sell ya--gotta make room!! :lol:

Thanks but I am über picky about bows . I have to have them new always . I don't mind paying a little more knowing that I am the only person that has ever shot it .

Plus I am having a real hankering for a snow camo bow . Just never had one .

PillsburyDoughboy

Just one more day left of it. I'm not sure if they have shortened it up or what but it sure seems in years past it's been all week

PillsburyDoughboy

Almost forgot about two products I saw that were noteworthy.
Leupold has some out with a new and Improved Vendetta 2 Bow Mounted Range Finder. This unit has a improved Mounting system and is size-ably smaller than its predecessor. EVERYTHING about this range finder looked better and I had the chance to play with it for a few min and everything I zapped from 7 yards to 80 yards dialled right in and quickly. I will be putting one of these on my bow come this fall.

Minox has a new Trail Camera out that is about as small and as flat as a 7 inch ipad. Well Maybe not that flat but pretty close. Looked extremely rugged too. Did not look up any of the specs.

Looks like the majority of the Trail Cameras that are coming out all have some sort of Flatness and Compactness to them. Lots of creative mounting systems too. Saw where alot of the Trail camera companies are now offering like $10 and $15 a month Internet Packages with the purchase of a trail camera. So Look for a lot of expanded technology (and higher prices) in the future on trail cameras.

PillsburyDoughboy

I had a chance to reflect more on the Bear CrossBow. I did not shoot it but now wish I did.

It has a AR_15 retractable Stock and a AR-15 pistol grip that is totally interchangeable with virtually and common Ar-15 stock and grip out there. Also has a rail mount under the main rail for mounting auxiliary items.

I think Bear is going to sell alot of these. The Bear Name alone and the fact they reach so many Customers through Bass Pro Shops has got to put them in the forefront.

PillsburyDoughboy

For all u Grimreaper shooters They have come out with a 4 blade mechanical that looks nasty as all get out .
663a28400cbf05302ced49c21cafae0c.jpg

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

I like my 3 bladed reapers, but those look awesome. Probably stick with the ones I have for the time being though.

PillsburyDoughboy

TNGunsmoke":yqqruun9 said:
I like my 3 bladed reapers, but those look awesome. Probably stick with the ones I have for the time being though.
Me too. I shoot the 1 3/8 myself. Have been for 2 seasons and if I am going to shoot mechanicals I will probably stick with these.

I did not have time to sit around and chat as I was only there for one day but I suspect that this 4 blade is going to be like their White tail special and require a Fast Shooting bow. Don't hold me to that.

PillsburyDoughboy

And to recap my visit to ATA.

I think my top 3 picks of the show in this order were.

1. Crossman/ Benjamin AirBow Massively cool !
2. PSE Carbon Air. This bow Shot like a dream. Was radically different than all the rest in appearance and held dead in the hand. I defiantly want to get my hands on one of these for a more deep review.
3. Bear Crossbow. While I did not take the time to shoot one as Crossbows are really not my bag baby (Austin Powers Voice) I was really struck with Awe at the fact that this crossbow looked and felt different that the rest of the field. I think they will sell a ton of them.

While Elite did not make my top 3 list your probably scratching your head as to why after my previous post.

I was HIGHLY impressed with Elite and I think it will be one of my top picks in a bow when I go out to buy a new bow. But Comparing their new model Impulse 31 to a Energy 32 I really did not see a Radically Huge difference in the two. Yes both are great bows and the New Impulse with the 6inch Brace Heights is a reach at getting faster speeds for the company without compromising the forgiveness of the bow. I think they hit their mark with that. But I did not see it as RADICALLY different Like the list I posted above. Hope that clarifies my remarks. :super:

PillsburyDoughboy

Was cleaning out my pics on my phone and forgot I had some shots of the new Mathews Crossbow to share
758a65d696d0a1fe8125dba636b33425.jpg

609b202a5b64b99d6986416d7d0a8fe4.jpg

Latest posts