Anybody still hunting?

kevin mays

I killed one last week
Son killed 1 Saturday.
Not near as much going as one would expect but if you get on one you have a really good chance
Couple four hundred ten birds

IMG_7233.jpeg
IMG_7232.jpeg

tellico4x4

This young man killed this morning on the hottest day of year so far. He killed his first gobbler 13 years ago at BHC and now graduating high school. Talented musician, farmer, 4.0 student, crappie slayer, big buck killer, loves the Lord and one of the finest young men you'll ever meet. His dad & uncle hunts with us and the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Congratulations Carter!

#17 off our place this year.

IMG_8824.jpg

Last edited:

deerfever

Trying to decide on going in the morning , someone tell me that you heard a bunch and didn't go down from heat exhaustion this week. Put some motivation out for this Memorial day weekend!

MidTennFisher

I did some hunting Monday through Wednesday on WMA. Birds won't make a sound after they hit the ground. Spooked a silent gobbler because of it.

Even if they did make a sound, you can't hear them over the cicadas unless that gobbler is close enough to see him.

Later in the week I hunted a bit on my family's land and had a couple that were headed my way. I could see them then I lost sight of them and never saw them again. I think they were gobbling and strutting so much they found a real hen and went with her.

I've sprayed my hunting clothes 3x this season with permithren and it works like a charm. Found a few ticks crawling on my pants and a couple that fell into my boot and were suffocated by my stinky feet. Hope it was painful for them, they deserve it!

Back in SC now so my season is done. I was in TN to visit family and do a final interview with a company in LaVergne. Lord willing, we'll be moving back soon if I get this job.

Latest posts