Asian marinaded chicken thighs

Forvols

Mix up an Asian marinade and put in a gallon bag for 36hrs, then grill on a HOT grill. I usually make these and freeze. Reminds me of the meat on a stick I used to get when AD in the USN at 2 or 3 in the morning. Makes a great samich too, toasted bun, grilled pineapple, sweet Thai
THIGHS.jpg
chili sauce and couple chick thighs. These are boneless/skinless

TNRifleman

That looks great. I've been doing boneless/skinless thighs marinated in hot sauce and then cooked in the air fryer. The thighs are just really hard to dry out and get nice and crispy

TAFKAP

Noice!

Thighs are the best pieces of meat on a chicken. Boneless/skinless much better than breasts that's for sure

mike243

The skinless boneless also cook really great on the griddle, I was surprised, sugar might not work as well but a jerk rub is really good.

TAFKAP

Which Asian marinade do you prefer?

Going on memory here since I generally just eyeball it: 50/50 Toasted sesame oil + green-top Soy Sauce

It's really important to buy real soy sauce, not just the crap substitute. Look at the ingredients to tell the difference. Real brewed soy sauce is water, soybeans, and salt. The fake garbage stuff will say "hydrolized soy proteins", alcohol, etc.

Once you get that base, the seasonings can be anything. I use a lot of garlic powder, ground white pepper, Chinese 5-spice powder, and some kind of heat. Chili oil works great for adding heat without additional flavors. Sriracha for a bit of Vietnamese twist or Gojuchang for some Korean influence. Or just some red pepper flakes if you're not that interested in heat. Adding a splash or two of rice wine vinegar will brighten it up a bit, as will some Mirin Japanese cooking "wine". Put it all in a jar and shake the crap out of it to mix.

JCDEERMAN

Going on memory here since I generally just eyeball it: 50/50 Toasted sesame oil + green-top Soy Sauce

It's really important to buy real soy sauce, not just the crap substitute. Look at the ingredients to tell the difference. Real brewed soy sauce is water, soybeans, and salt. The fake garbage stuff will say "hydrolized soy proteins", alcohol, etc.

Once you get that base, the seasonings can be anything. I use a lot of garlic powder, ground white pepper, Chinese 5-spice powder, and some kind of heat. Chili oil works great for adding heat without additional flavors. Sriracha for a bit of Vietnamese twist or Gojuchang for some Korean influence. Or just some red pepper flakes if you're not that interested in heat. Adding a splash or two of rice wine vinegar will brighten it up a bit, as will some Mirin Japanese cooking "wine". Put it all in a jar and shake the crap out of it to mix.
You've convinced me that I'm not very well traveled 🤣. I will do some experimenting though because my wife loves this type of food

Forvols

Big thing on making the marinade. Is taste as you add flavors here is a base to start. I add more garlic n redpepper n ginger
.5 cup teriyaki
.5 cup of low sodium soy (or Soy of your choice, I have high BP so try to cut salt..but love asian foods)
.5 tsp of gralic powder
.5tsp of onion powder
.5tsp of ginger
2 tsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp chicken Boulin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1tsp rice wine vinegar
1 cup of water (or chicken stock..if so leave out chick boulin).. I didnt have chicken stock at the time.
No sugar or corn starch for this...But you can in if you want to add sugar. I like mine less sweet.
Corn starch will thicken so its more for an asian brown sacuce vs marinade.

Last edited:

Latest posts