Anyone into bushcraft ??

FOX FIRE

Just curious if anyone was much into bushcraft, always had a intrest since I was a kid, not hardcore into it but do practice some things, kind of get'n the bug to get deeper tho.

Brisco Darlin

yes. i used to be real into reenactments, rendezvous and the like. i still practice primitive firebuilding, tan my own hides, been trying to study up more on the plant side of things.

FOX FIRE

Thers quite a bit of it that any outdoorsman should learn, never can tell when a hunt'n/fish'n/ride'n trip mite not go as planned & bushcraft skills could make a difference, its nice knowing you can take care of yourself VS being helpless without a clue.

10mm4me

I try to stay pretty up to date on primitive fire making, shelter building, and water collection. Its all pretty basic stuff I can practice whenever I'm out hiking or hunting.

in the dog house

10mm4me said:
I try to stay pretty up to date on primitive fire making, shelter building, and water collection. Its all pretty basic stuff I can practice whenever I'm out hiking or hunting.

X2 I also knapp flint

FOX FIRE

I bought a tiny stone head from a guy at a craft show a few years back, how he could knap something that small without break'n it I'll never know, its about the size of a dime & no thicker than a nickel, planned on make'n a hat pin with it..

Inkstainz

Ive been wanting to make a bushcraft knife from an old file. I just need to get some time to get around to doing it. I think making something yourself would be really cool and would give me a sense of accomplishment.

Latest posts