BEST hammock anyone?

AT Hiker

ENO double nest. Best one I have used for the price, if you are filthy rich you may look into a clark jungle hammock!

The ENO double nest will be in the 50-70 dollar range, depending where u can find it on sale. I like the double nest because its a tad bigger than the single and worth the minimal extra weight. Get the slap straps and rain tarp too, youll soend over a $100 but well worth it.

turk870

ive never used one but i did research them,from what i found the best are hennessy and warbird.there is a hennessy on nashville craigs list.. the reason i never got one is ive heared that you need to sleep on your back,and i sleep on my side.

Brisco Darlin

for years i backpacked with an army issue jungle hammock. it had the rain fly and netting. It was actually pretty comfortable.

Nhill

turk870 said:
ive never used one but i did research them,from what i found the best are hennessy and warbird.there is a hennessy on nashville craigs list.. the reason i never got one is ive heared that you need to sleep on your back,and i sleep on my side.

I have a Hennessy and really like it, and you can sleep on your back or side. The way it is made asymmetrically, you lie fairly flat.
You can outfit it for cold weather, but by its self it is only for warm weather. There is no insulation under you in a hammock.

AlanH

For car camping Hennessy

For back packing campmor travel hammock 19$ 10 0z or less when you replace lines not the best hammock but the best light hammock

Nhill

I'm sure that there are lighter hammocks out there, but I don't think that I would classify the hennessy as a car camping hammock.

hikertrash

I hiked the Appalachian Trail (GA->ME '05) with a hennessy ultralight a-sym, best piece of gear I carried! Fully waterproof and bug proof. Much better than sleeping on the ground once you get used to it.

TraumaSlave

My 10 yo wanted one for when we go backpacking. Really, they sleep one. After weighing in straps, rain fly, bug net, ,,and then multiply that for each person. I'm much happier carrying my North Face tent and a sleeping pad.

Latest posts