What's the best camping stove?

Omega

It is going to depend alot on your planned use. I got me one of the smaller Blackstones to use while camping solo, only to figure out that it is way overkill for what I ended up needing so I bought this. It is dual fuel so I can use the propane bottles that I use for my buddy heaters and can refill from my 20lb cylinder.

1699381219116.png

Attachments

• 1699381115381.png
    1699381115381.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 21
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

44 mag

I am a little partial to Coleman's so that's my vote. For a single burner you can't beat a 502. They aren't made anymore but you can find them used. They are easy to work on and parts are fairly easy to find. If you are looking for something a little bigger then a 413 double burner is perfect. White gas has an unlimited shelf life as long as the can doesn't rust out.

Forvols

I got one of these several years ago(coleman gladiator), great stove. But I also have a camp chef explorer 2burner and 22in blackstone. Depending on camp is what I take, (blackstone and coleman mostly)

I got the 22in blackstone a few years ago came with a bag and hard cover flash sale at wally world 99bucks. Just the wife and I at home, 22in works great for the 2 of us all year. Gave my son the 36in blackstone I had and gave my daughter the 17in we had(they camp quite a bit and really like the 17in blackstone). For us now the 22in is perfect.

Gravey

We use a Coleman 2-burner unit at deer camp for breakfast after the hunt but have talked about a blackstone like shown above. My brother and I have done it twice this year and we have 2 Coleman units going and would be easier to do it all one 1 blackstone.

UPDATE: I sent my brother a link to the blackstone and told him he should buy an early Christmas present for himself and he sent me this pic back. His wife bought it for him and gave it to him early. 🤣
IMG_1857.jpeg

Last edited:
It is going to depend alot on your planned use. I got me one of the smaller Blackstones to use while camping solo, only to figure out that it is way overkill for what I ended up needing so I bought this. It is dual fuel so I can use the propane bottles that I use for my buddy heaters and can refill from my 20lb cylinder.

View attachment 202000
I use that same stove all the time, even at home when we just need extra burners to cook on. I got the conversion tube/ regulator to be able to hook it up to the 20 lb cylinders, so propane doesn't cost much either.

When I have to pack my stuff in a good distance, I use a Trangia alcohol burning stove with a little fold up pot holder. They're not super hot, but they do the job and don't weigh much at all, and they can be run off of almost any flammable liquid in an emergency.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

fireduck

I ike the Camp Chef! Been using it for 10 years- great stove for biscuits-danish- pizza rolls for what ever. Top has 2 burners for soup-chili-coffee or frying up sausage. Could lose power the next few days- I can eat!

Latest posts