Anyone planning any trips?

stik

we have nothing planned. maybe a long weekend trip to gulf shores in may. most of our spring/summer camping is spur-of-the-moment throw the tent down somewhere and fish trips.

Nevermind

Cherokee is great, take your bear spray! I'm not sure where I'm headed this season but I got a lot of great input for Big South Fork.

AT Hiker

Might be going to the Big Horn Mnts in WY, thats still up in the air.

I will spend a few days for sure in the smokies, might try to hike into VA from northern terminus of the park.

AT Hiker

trealtree said:
AT Hiker said:
Might be going to the Big Horn Mnts in WY, thats still up in the air.

I will spend a few days for sure in the smokies, might try to hike into VA from northern terminus of the park.

Look at my pics I just posted in the " your happy place" thread... Those will make you want to go back.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... ost3591291

Nice pic! Yep, Im going back now!!!!

There is actually a job opening in Casper I would like to get, trying to get the wife to move but something about the baby and work, yadda yadda yadda...

Nsghunter

Stik, props to ya for the link, it was a great help.

It would be a family camping trip with myself, wife four boys and some other family members, with myself and two of my four boys hunting. I was trying to get an idea of where to go before friday afternoon of the trip. I looked over the paper-type maps trying to decide and the conclusion is, I still don't know. I think I will call a game warden tmo for some input.

Nevermind

...btw, I recommend an app called "all trails" for finding nifty nearby hikes. I dont agree with all their difficulties but, as a general rule, hardcore hikers arent the ones to give difficulty ratings cuz what I see as moderate is... oh... summit leconte via rainbow, up and back in a day.