anybody here do any quail huntin in mid tn?

Lucky

When I was a kid quail hunts were my favorite. Seems like no birds left and I do not enjoy hunting the pen birds. No offense if you do but my experience was bad (had to kick the birds up, no sport so refused to go back). Anyway, do any of you know of a good place to hunt quail?

Darkthirty II

I live in E Tenn, and I would gladly drive anywhere in Tenn to get on a good wild bird shoot with some good dogs. IMO the only thing that pen raised birds are good for is to train dogs. I moved here from NC and we had a few places that had huntable numbers of wild birds on it. We got up 7 different coveys of anywhere from 10 to probally 25 birds in one day while rabbit hunting. I thought I was gonna have to change my underwear when that big covey got up. Theres nothing like it.

Winchester

I miss it as well, used to go down and hunt with the Game Warden in Robertson county many years ago. He had pretty good dogs and permission in half the county. Man we had some fun, hunted from daylight till dark many a day, and the coveys we flushed, I would love to get on a good hunt again and take my Dad and boys!!!!!

Lucky

I agree guys. Jumpin up a covey is a blast. We have left a grass field next to our dove field and it is grown up hi. I thought about this after my dad jumped a covey the other day. Sadly, I am sure that is probably the only covey we have. I miss it bad

Latest posts