Anybody have the Arctic Shield Boot Covers ?

Tnyoteboy

You cannot forget about one thing though; if you hunt out of a metal stand, the metal will transfer cold through your boot soles and you will never keep your feet warm. I learned this after I started bringing along a piece of rubber foam insulation to put on the floor of my climber, solved the problem.

sisko

I have a pair and they do seem to help. My feet get cold very easy and I have found that the Artic Shields seem to slow the process down.

Arse

gober88 said:
Actually got a pair for my 40th at the begining of the month I used them this past Sun it was 31 on Catoos a good frost and I wore UNINSULATED boots with very good socks and was fine.
The key with ANY body part is NOT to sweat on the walk in I carry alot of stuff in but I take lots of breaks walking in. The first time I even get the feel I might sweat I stop and rest. In the last 10yrs I never walk in with more than a LJ top and a pair of pants no matter the temp I get dressed as I get colder once I get on stand. If you sweat you will be cold period!

Great advice.
A few years back I started imposing forced rest breaks on myself during the walk in. I stop for five minutes (actually timed on my watch) before continuing. Then at the bottom of the tree, five more minutes. No matter how rip-roaring to go I am, I do not allow myself to proceed until time is up.
Makes a WORLD of difference.

moondawg

trumtrum said:
best ten dollars i ever spent found mine at a yard sale they are awesome

I got mine at a yard sale for $5. I couldn't believe it was true, I had to make sure what I saw was right, and could'nt get my wallet out quick enough! :D

They are not the Arctic Shield brand, but they are boot blankets nonetheless. I used it a few days ago when we had that cold snap...seemed to work. Not bad for $5!

Latest posts