Anybody else?

Mud Creek

Ok I've gotten some weird looks over the years when I asked people this, but does anybody else on here like "fried" pancakes?

My mom always made the batter thin(ish)but not watery, got the iron skillet hot with a little oil in it, poured batter in, and when she would flip it she would give it a little smash with spatula which made the edges splatter out a little and get crispy. Those crispy edges, soft middle, with hot syrup on them should be illegal!! I don't make them often because I could eat them until I'm sick, but when I do I take advantage. It has taken me a long time to get them almost as good as my mom's but I about got it down now.

Anybody else eat them like this?

Tenntrapper

Ok I've gotten some weird looks over the years when I asked people this, but does anybody else on here like "fried" pancakes?

My mom always made the batter thin(ish)but not watery, got the iron skillet hot with a little oil in it, poured batter in, and when she would flip it she would give it a little smash with spatula which made the edges splatter out a little and get crispy. Those crispy edges, soft middle, with hot syrup on them should be illegal!! I don't make them often because I could eat them until I'm sick, but when I do I take advantage. It has taken me a long time to get them almost as good as my mom's but I about got it down now.

Anybody else eat them like this?
To be honest, I didn't know there was any other way to cook a pancake.
Wife would kill me if I poured the batter into the toaster... 😂

Mud Creek

Lol same here I guess. The first time my wife made me pancakes when we were dating years ago I had to break the bad news to her that the 2 round fluffy disc like creations she put on my plate didn't look right. I poked one with a fork and it deflated halfway. Never again.

Mud Creek

Making some for dinner lol
20230616_072559.jpg
20230616_072609.jpg
20230616_072844.jpg

Soft Talker

Never was big on pancakes, always "ho cakes" and fried "pones" on our table. Topped with pure cane syrup of course ;) They do look good though

Last edited:

Latest posts