Anyone else make pizza

BamaProud

We've been making pizzas for about a year now and finally perfected the crust.

Pizzza1_zpsb94291bd.jpg

Pizzza2_zpsb6b213e7.jpg

My next step is to make my own Mozzarella. We use "fresh from the store deli"...but I imagine fresh from home would be even better.

JMcB

I'm a thin and crispy guy. Given up trying to make dough but we do make pizza on baked tortilla shells. Kinda like flat bread.

redblood

i am italian and my family has owned restaurants in italy and in the U.S. (extended family). the key to the crust is adding the right amount of yeast and allowing it to rise and fall twice. it also is essential to "feed" the yeast the right amount of sugar. for best results use a mixture of bread flour and whole wheat- 50/50.another key is to use whole milk mozzarella, not the part skim crap you by in the market. its best to make your own, but if you can't find a quality whole milk mozzarella like bartolli dairy or pollyo. For sauce, definitely want to with a roma based sauce. My preference is an easy sauce comprised of crushed seedless roma with olive oil, fresh basil, oregano and fennel. It is important to avoid any smoked spices as that is not a taste you want in your red sauce. In the summer, we simply pick and thinly slice the romas and drizzle with olive oil (not extra virgin) and sprinkle a little basil over the top. simple perfection.

jb3

That looks good. I'm too lazy to make my own crust. We'll use naan bread as our crust. Most times when we do pizza we don't do any red sauce. My wife's sister makes mozz at home and uses the 30 minute method. Not sure how she does it, but she says it turns out pretty good. Local Italian market here in Nashville does it every Saturday a.m. Nothing better than when it's still warm and salty.

280longshot

That looks Great..
Although I'm Italian also I know nothing about cooking pizza.
Sure is something I would love to try though.

TAFKAP

No, but it's on my long-term landscaping plan. One of these days, I'm going to build a combo smoke pit/grill/brick oven

Latest posts