anybody do any two day canoe trips

stik

there's not really anywhere left around here for a 2 day canoe trip. private property and camping issues. before tellico dam, we would put in below chilhowee dam and float all the way to lenoir city, sometimes camping 2 nights.

Lost Lake

I've done a few before. It's really fun because it lets you get in some good fishing right up until last light and you're right back at it at first light.

We used to just camp on the gravel bars and the landowners were cool with it as long as all trash was picked up and fires put out.

Go for it, you'll enjoy it.

TNCanoer

I do 2-3 trips every year. Usually 3 day trips. My favorite places to canoe camp are the upper current and 11 point rivers in Missouri. There's a lot of history on both rivers and the trout fishing is good if the conditions are right. I have a paddling buddy that has spent much of his life on these rivers and has showed me many good fishing spots. I love canoe camping you should try it. I have made one 5 day trip to Minnesota to the BWCA 3 years ago that was phenomenal. My buddy and I along with my son are planning another BWCA trip for this summer if all goes well and will do at least one trip this summer back to Missouri.

TherDiny

I have been looking for a DSLR and the sony a330/350s have caught my attention. Has anybody ever used either these and what did you think of them?

JBARCHER

Can you camp on the islands at watts bar? We are thinking of doing one friday night to sunday there and we were planning on camping on islands. Hope that's not illegal..

J_W

JBARCHER":36a8tto2 said:
Can you camp on the islands at watts bar? We are thinking of doing one friday night to sunday there and we were planning on camping on islands. Hope that's not illegal..

Not familiar with Watts Bar, but you can on Tims Ford. Tims is a TV lake, but the islands are managed by the state park.

RobbyW

TNCanoer":3560v90y said:
I do 2-3 trips every year. Usually 3 day trips. My favorite places to canoe camp are the upper current and 11 point rivers in Missouri. There's a lot of history on both rivers and the trout fishing is good if the conditions are right. I have a paddling buddy that has spent much of his life on these rivers and has showed me many good fishing spots. I love canoe camping you should try it. I have made one 5 day trip to Minnesota to the BWCA 3 years ago that was phenomenal. My buddy and I along with my son are planning another BWCA trip for this summer if all goes well and will do at least one trip this summer back to Missouri.

My grandparents grew up on the 11th point. We used to go every year and camp on the river and float. If you are familiar with Boze's Mill (if not you need to be) my grandma was a Boze. Find the mill then walk up to the spring. When you sit in that spring then get back into the river it feels like bath water. 11 point around Alton is my favorite place in the world. I could tell stories all day about things there. That's where my brother got a picture of a Mt Lion on a camera. The Mark Twain national forest is great for hiking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk