Any deals on a zeiss conquest?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Seems like I saw something the other day but can't find it now.

Anyone know if any good deals out there for a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 ?

Just thought I would check.

PillsburyDoughboy

Great scope no doubt . Someone just posted a deal at camera land for the Minox 3x9 for $99 . For the money u can't go wrong and the Minox comes with a lifetime warranty . Zeiss has moved to a 5 year warranty FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

BULL MOOSE":3v9h9g2i said:
Where is the information on this five-year warranty for Ziess?

http://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_u ... s-warranty

Zeiss has a limited lifetime warranty on all new purchases guarding against defects in workmanship but only a 5 year no fault policy in place.

Looks like you have to take actual steps to transfer the warranty on used products.

This is why I buy Leuoold. Leuoold does not care who bought the scope or when it was purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

BULL MOOSE":1ukm4hbg said:
I just quickly read both warranties. Both seem to say the same thing to me… The warranties are transferable to other parties, and warranties exclude misuse, abuse, or accident.

Neither have a lifetime warranty on electronic components.....Zeiss is five years versus two years on Leupold.

https://www.leupold.com/resources/leupo ... guarantee/

Try returning something to Leupold sometime. You will get no questions asked other than what is the nature of the problem and how can we serve you ! Best warranty and customer service in the industry !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermin93

This is what the actual warranty policies state. I have never pursued a warranty repair with Zeiss or Leupold, so I can't speak to how well they actually work in the real world.

Zeiss offers a limited, lifetime transferable warranty on all of their products except rangefinders. The warranty covers defects in workmanship or materials for the life of the product. The warranty does not cover damages due to misuse, neglect, accidental damage, mishandling or alteration of the products. The warranty is transferable using the registration process on the Zeiss website.

Leupold basically offers 2 different warranties for consumer optics. They have the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee, which covers their Golden Ring products, and they have the Leupold Limited Lifetime Warranty, which covers their non-Golden Ring products. The non-Golden Ring products include imported binoculars and spotting scopes. Both warranties exclude coverage if the product has been modified, misused or damaged by accident, abuse or misapplication. The primary difference between these two warranties is that the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee is transferable and the Leupold Limited Lifetime Warranty is limited to the original purchaser. If you have Leupold McKenzie, Rogue, Yosemite, Acadia, Cascades or Mojave binoculars or a Leupold Kenia or Ventana spotting scope, your limited lifetime warranty is not transferable. There are no requirements to transfer the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee for Golden Ring products to a new owner.

Zeiss includes a 5-year no-fault policy for some of their higher end optics. This includes the Victory SF, Victory HT and Conquest HD binoculars and the Victory HT, Conquest Duralyt, Conquest HD5 and Conquest DL riflescopes. Basically, this a 5-year no questions asked warranty.
Leupold does not include a no-fault policy for any of their consumer products.

Zeiss offers a 5-year limited warranty for electronic components that covers defects in workmanship or materials.
Leupold offers a 2-year limited warranty for electronic components that covers defects in workmanship or materials.

Vermin93

Roost 1":2bkv9fd5 said:
As Pillsbury said, my local gunshop told me the same thing. New Zeiss products have 5yr warranty, if something happens after that its yours.......Exactly why last purchase was Leupold.

I'm afraid that your local gun shop was dead wrong on that.

Roost 1

Warranty Disclaimers and Exclusions
This is the exclusive Warranty for the Products. All other warranties, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without restriction, those of merchantability or of fitness for use, are excluded.

Only products imported by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. and purchased in the United States or Canada from authorized Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. dealers carry this Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty. Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. will not provide warranty service for products purchased through unauthorized dealers.

This Warranty excludes claims for any special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and does not cover damages due to the misuse, neglect, accidental damage, mishandling or alteration of the Product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. In such cases, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.

This Warranty is void, if damage is caused by the use of accessories not sold or authorized by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc., or from service by persons not authorized by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. This Warranty does not cover claims resulting from natural disasters (e. g. floods, storms, fire), acts of war or terrorism and will not apply to damage arising from combat conditions, including but not limited to, damage due to firearms, explosives, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons. It will be at Carl Zeiss's sole discretion to extend service under this Warranty for damage arising from the above-mentioned conditions. Carl Zeiss's obligation under this Warranty is limited to repair or replacement by equivalent product in working condition.

Resale of Product and Export Restrictions
Resale of this Product to anyone outside the United States of America is subject to export compliance and is not authorized by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.

Leupold® Gold Ring™ Full Lifetime Guarantee

Leupold Optics are built for a lifetime of performance at the highest level, plain and simple. Other companies offer lifetime warranties because they know the optics they're selling you are going to break, fail, or fall short of expectations. At Leupold, that's not how we do business.

With the Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee, if your Leupold product doesn't perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you are the original owner or not—forever (excludes electronic components). You don't need proof of ownership. Or a warranty card. And there's no time limit. We do this because we believe in superior quality and craftsmanship, and we're confident your Leupold won't let you down. That's the power of our company, and we stand behind our work.
This info came off both companies websites...

I know which sounds better to me and I actually own several Zeiss, but their warranties have changed. Leupold's warranty is short and sweet compared to the booklet that comes with Zeiss scopes which is at least 5 pages just about the warranty, what's covered and what's not...

Not trying to argue just stating the facts as I read them. Any potential buyer might want to read it for themselves.

Vermin93

It's unfortunate that your gun shop gave you bogus information. As stated in the warranty language that you posted, the Zeiss warranty is a limited lifetime warranty. Any reputable gun shop that sells Zeiss products really should know that.

While the Leupold warranty language that you posted applies to all of their Golden Ring products, it does not apply to any of their current lineup of binoculars. The limited lifetime warranty on Leupold's current lineup of binoculars is not transferable.

Also, you left out a very important part of Leupold's warranty terms. Here's the rest...

Leupold Gold Ring Guarantee Details

Warranty Exclusions

Unfortunately, these warranties do not apply if the product has been modified, misused or has been damaged by accident, abuse, or misapplication. To ensure this doesn't happen to you, contact Leupold Product Service before having any work or repairs done to your valuable Leupold optics. Call 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400.

Warranty Products which are unclaimed after a period of one year may be subject to forfeiture.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Latest posts