Any amputee hunters here?

m.Creek

I had a below the knee amputation back in May. I've had my prosthetic for about 6 weeks.
hopefully I can get into the woods this season. I'll be limited to hunting from the ground this year.
I was curious if any leg amputee has used a climber stand?

hootywho

I am not an amputee, but that is my line of work. Feel free to PM me if any questions and/or concerns arise as your wear and use becomes more efficient . Please keep an open line of communication with your prosthetist as your residuum matures as well. Your residual limb will be ever-changing as so will be your prosthesis and it's components. As you are still relatively new in this process, keep a close eye on your skin integrity and manage your sock ply combination(s) accordingly. Depending on your suspension system, I would inquire as to adding an additional/alternative suspension system when dealing with a climber. Safe travels.

m.Creek

I am not an amputee, but that is my line of work. Feel free to PM me if any questions and/or concerns arise as your wear and use becomes more efficient . Please keep an open line of communication with your prosthetist as your residuum matures as well. Your residual limb will be ever-changing as so will be your prosthesis and it's components. As you are still relatively new in this process, keep a close eye on your skin integrity and manage your sock ply combination(s) accordingly. Depending on your suspension system, I would inquire as to adding an additional/alternative suspension system when dealing with a climber. Safe travels.
I see my prosthesis weekly at this point, cause my prosthetic needs adjustment regularly.
I can walk fairly well, but it does get painful.

hootywho

Great. I would advise finding a good PM&R doctor in your area and get established with him/her. Depending on the mechanism of injury (trauma vs ortho vs vascular) your surgeon may have already discharged you or given you the "call me if you need me" speech. A good PM&R doctor will keep you on a really good follow-up schedule as it relates to prosthetic adjustments and supplies moving forward.

m.Creek

Great. I would advise finding a good PM&R doctor in your area and get established with him/her. Depending on the mechanism of injury (trauma vs ortho vs vascular) your surgeon may have already discharged you or given you the "call me if you need me" speech. A good PM&R doctor will keep you on a really good follow-up schedule as it relates to prosthetic adjustments and supplies moving forward.
My leg loss is due to a muzzleloader incident.
My prosthetic company stays on top of the adjustments and such

Latest posts