Another boating incident

gasman

Folks the river ain't nothing to play with. Please wear your life jackets. Prayers for these folks.

Attachments

• F19DBD81-DC68-4430-BE2B-AA7AB82D700C.jpeg
    F19DBD81-DC68-4430-BE2B-AA7AB82D700C.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 186

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Saw a post from Hardin County Fire/Rescue that one adult male was found alive on the western bank and transported to boat ramp for EMS to check him over. Search for second Adult male was suspended last night until daylight this morning.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Any update?
Just saw this on Facebook.

MISSING BOATER RECOVERED ON TENNESSEE RIVER

HARDIN COUNTY, Tenn.--- A 79-year-old Tennessee boater lost his life on the Tennessee River. The body believed to be William Mayfield from Silerton, TN, was recovered Saturday, April 1, on the Tennessee River and is being sent for an autopsy for positive identification.

Officers from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency responded to a call about an unoccupied boat circling on the Tennessee River at mile marker 204 at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 23, 2023. A 56-year-old man was rescued from the bank. Wildlife Officers and rescue crews searched for the missing boater near the unoccupied boat. The Hardin County Fire Department recovered the body.

The TWRA, Hardin County Fire Department, Hardin County Sheriff's Office, and the Braden Fire Department assisted in the search. This is the fifth related boating fatality this year.

huvrman

Dale Hollow had a kayaker drown this weekend as well. Was camping with a group on one of the islands and headed to Willow Grove Marina for supplies. Never returned. He was found in 13 feet of water.

MickThompson

Dale Hollow had a kayaker drown this weekend as well. Was camping with a group on one of the islands and headed to Willow Grove Marina for supplies. Never returned. He was found in 13 feet of water.
The wind was insane on Saturday. He had no business being on the water in a powered vessel, much less a kayak, and without his pfd on.

Spurhunter

I bought an inflatable vest a couple years ago to "wear all the time", but honestly didn't follow through. I would only wear it when the outboard was running. All these fatalities have caused me to rethink. My last couple trips I've been wearing it the whole time. After a few minutes you forget you have it on. No excuse not to wear one.

Latest posts