Annual TNDeer...Post your BOAT picture

Spurhunter

Crow Terminator":162oy1ev said:
Don't laugh but it gets me off the shore and opens up more possibilities!!

Screenshot (22) by Daniel Teague, on Flickr
It's amazing what some of these guys do with kayaks. There's a guy on YouTube called Flukemaster and he has a nice graph with side imaging, some kind of motor, rod holders, etc. He has it set up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Crow Terminator

Yep there are some folks that go the extra mile with the kayaks. I don't see myself doing it; some of those guys will have $6,000+ into their kayak setup. I just can't wrap my head around spending that much for something so small and plastic when for the same money, I could have a bigger aluminum boat. There has been an evolution with them for sure; it went from sit on top paddle kayaks, to pedal drive sit on tops, and then the motor drives like the Bixbys, etc. Now, Minn Kota has jumped on board and you'll be seeing more from them I'm sure. The Old Towns with iPilot are the newest thing. They went from being very prone to rolling/tipping over, to making them bigger and wider to where you can stand and fish on them. Mine is a 10 foot model. Yep it's small. But that's what I wanted. I wanted to be able to lift it with one arm into the back of the truck; not need a trailer or bed extension for it, roll or carry it to the water and off I go. I will be adding a depth finder of some sort to mine; that'll be the extent of it though. I would have never bought this one, had it not been used and for a price I couldn't turn down. No way would I have ever bought one new for what it costs.

KyRick

Attachments

• IMG_rt198p.jpg
    IMG_rt198p.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 460

WTM

Crow Terminator":192m41ik said:
Yep there are some folks that go the extra mile with the kayaks. I don't see myself doing it; some of those guys will have $6,000+ into their kayak setup. I just can't wrap my head around spending that much for something so small and plastic when for the same money, I could have a bigger aluminum boat. There has been an evolution with them for sure; it went from sit on top paddle kayaks, to pedal drive sit on tops, and then the motor drives like the Bixbys, etc. Now, Minn Kota has jumped on board and you'll be seeing more from them I'm sure. The Old Towns with iPilot are the newest thing. They went from being very prone to rolling/tipping over, to making them bigger and wider to where you can stand and fish on them. Mine is a 10 foot model. Yep it's small. But that's what I wanted. I wanted to be able to lift it with one arm into the back of the truck; not need a trailer or bed extension for it, roll or carry it to the water and off I go. I will be adding a depth finder of some sort to mine; that'll be the extent of it though. I would have never bought this one, had it not been used and for a price I couldn't turn down. No way would I have ever bought one new for what it costs.

i wish some of them on ky lake would spend 20 bucks on an orange flag on a stick. i almost hit one this early spring.

Crow Terminator

WTM":3tpb5gw6 said:
Crow Terminator":3tpb5gw6 said:

i wish some of them on ky lake would spend 20 bucks on an orange flag on a stick. i almost hit one this early spring.

I don't know why they want to take them to big water areas anyway. To me, the whole point of having a kayak is to go places that motor boats can't go. Like the lake I'm at in the picture. No outboards allowed.

JAY B

2016 SeaArk 2072 140 Suzuki

Attachments

• FB9295FD-AD38-4F05-BCBD-9B632E7AF71B.jpeg
    FB9295FD-AD38-4F05-BCBD-9B632E7AF71B.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 410

Rollo

Yup, yaks have come a long way. I can still get in the skinny but drop the pedal drive and cruise about 4 mph on the flat water. Fuel is what I eat...

Attachments

• IMG_9321.jpeg
    IMG_9321.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 351

bds240

Got two, fishing boat and my hunting boat 91 Javelin with a 70hp evenirude and my 2018 tracker with a 18hp mud motor.

Attachments

• 20200515_002335.jpg
    20200515_002335.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 20200319_195310.jpg
    20200319_195310.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 20190226_185048.jpg
    20190226_185048.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 341

FLTENNHUNTER1

7mm08":1mhic3ue said:
FLTENNHUNTER1":1mhic3ue said:

Cool
Is that one foot powered?

Yes. Hobie calls it their Mirage Drive. It mimics penguin fins. I prefer fishing this way rather than from a boat. It is an entirely different experience and talk about stealth...I can't imagine it getting any better than this.

[youtube]oIus9yBHzz8[/youtube]

[youtube]lD6OQhCeXqs[/youtube]

7mm08

Yeah, would love to slip one off a boat and really get skinny on some reds up a creek with that.

Awesome. Assume those " fins" fold up or are pliable?

FLTENNHUNTER1

7mm08":avkjqrjs said:
Yeah, would love to slip one off a boat and really get skinny on some reds up a creek with that.

Awesome. Assume those " fins" fold up or are pliable?
Yes. The 2020 version will fold up if you hit something mine will not, but, if you short stroke them they get real close to the hull of the boat as shown in the second video.

The rudder also folds up when hitting something when you are moving forward, you have to be careful in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts