Food Plots All this rain

megalomaniac

Is making for some incredible growth on the summer plots. Getting some of the best germination rates I've had on a summer plot, and 10d old beans are already 6 to 8in tall! Sorgham is behind, but will catch up and go beyond in another couple weeks.

So glad to have gotten most of the plots done already. Still have 1 poorly drained 2.5ac field that still needs planting

The green triangle in the background hill is where a wet weather spring comes out of the ground. Had to leave it this year unplanted from all the moisture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_114930_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_114930_Messages.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20240526_114906_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_114906_Messages.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 15

deerfever

Put out sunflowers and buckwheat the first week of May.Both have absolutely exploded with all the rain. Some sun wouldn't bother me at this point.

BSK

Got mine in a week ago. Got about 3 inches of rain on them since then. My only worry is the plants not being able to germinate through all the thick thatch.

megalomaniac

Got mine in a week ago. Got about 3 inches of rain on them since then. My only worry is the plants not being able to germinate through all the thick thatch.
Beans will push thru fine. Sorgham will come through the thinner areas, but may have trouble in the really matted areas, but will still fill in the bare spots as it grows due to the size of the plants

BSK

Beans will push thru fine. Sorgham will come through the thinner areas, but may have trouble in the really matted areas, but will still fill in the bare spots as it grows due to the size of the plants
I hope you're right Mega. I did see some seed on the ground Saturday that already had the root extending out.

Latest posts