Food Plots Cultipack after rain?

lafn96

Planted Sunday by broadcasting, mowing then cultipacking. Saw seed mostly sitting on top of the soil. Rained .4" since then, and now the ground is soft enough for my sxs to leave tracks, but not muddy. Would it help to cultipack now that the ground is soft? Turkeys were all over it yesterday eating the seed.

lafn96

I would think that would disrupt the germination process. If the seed got rained on, it will already be going through the germination process.
Ok thanks. Thought since it's only been a little over two days it'd be all right - but I'll defer to your expertise. In the future, do you think that'd be a good idea if I could do it within a day of broadcasting?

deerhunter10

If you already cultipack it no need to do it again. Cultipacking doesn't cover all the seed completely either. Birds are always an issue when planting foodplots turkeys especially

Bucket

In my early food plot days I got caught in a downpour while cultipacking. Dumb me thought that it was was the best scenario possible, until the cultipacker doubled in size due to mud & I realized all my seed was stuck to it 🤣
I did the same thing once too. A couple of weeks later my cultipacker looked like a chia pet.

Latest posts