Food Plots RAIN!!

megalomaniac

1.6in past 24h on my places.

I was really worried, having seeded and fertilized Memorial day weekend... Then no rain for 10d, got .2in, then no rain until now.

But friend went and checked plots 5d ago, got great germination despite the drought, beans were already 6in tall. A little more weed competition that I would like however. Used roundup and 24d for burndown prior to planting.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I broadcast some buckwheat yesterday into a plot that I had previously drilled. Hopefully with this rain it will help fill in.

wildlifefarmer

Forecast models look good for rain across TN the next 10 days. Most models suggest an inch to two inches over that time period.

We got 1.31" on the 11th and 0.51" last night. Very, very helpful. Can't wait to see what kind of germination I'm getting (broadcast seed the 9th).
Our farms aren't that far apart. On the 11th I watched radar showing Waverly and mcewen getting pounded but the majority missed Tn City. Just hoping for some good steady rain the next few days.

BSK

Our farms aren't that far apart. On the 11th I watched radar showing Waverly and mcewen getting pounded but the majority missed Tn City. Just hoping for some good steady rain the next few days.
These showers are so tiny, I was on a 3,500 club property and got poured on. Got back to my truck at the other end of the property and it was dry as a bone.

BSK

Finally! We hadn't had rain in two weeks, and with the extreme temperatures we're experiencing, I was worried about my food plots. But it's finally pouring now. Over an inch in two hours. Yes!

Going to go pick blackberries Monday. Hope more are ripe. Probably 1 in 10 ripe a week ago Friday. This rain should help.

wildlifefarmer

Finally! We hadn't had rain in two weeks, and with the extreme temperatures we're experiencing, I was worried about my food plots. But it's finally pouring now. Over an inch in two hours. Yes!

Going to go pick blackberries Monday. Hope more are ripe. Probably 1 in 10 ripe a week ago Friday. This rain should help.
How much have you gotten this week? I've not had a chance to check. Going tomorrow to spray plots cause I didn't want to stress any of new growth on the chuffa

Latest posts