Afternoon Question

travle

I have started hunting my new place over the past two weeks. Only been able to go twice both in the morning. Hopefully my hunting will pick up soon. This field i hunt, along the edges where the field connects to the woods it is tore up with tracks, trails, fresh scrapes, and rubs. I know these deer are coming to this field, obviously. Are there certain spots that a deer will only visit strictly in the afternoon. I ask because both mornings i haven't seen a single deer. Or am I just having some bad luck catching them right now in the morning?

parkerxbowhunter

i have spots that no matter how many times i hunt them in the morn i never see deer but are hot in the evenings and vic versa so i hunt them strictly in the evenings but durring the rut you can never tell.

double browtine

I have hunted every morning this week except for friday. I have been seeing lots of does and 5-7 bucks each morning. Passed on 3 different 8 points this week. I have seen lots of 1.5 yr old bucks. A 2.5 yr old 5 pt which is a 7 without browtines, and spikes, 6's etc. Just not going to shoot a 2.5 yr old 8 pt. Only bucks I have seen in the afternoon are the big 5 and some spikes. So I think lots of places are better depending on the day. Sounds like you have a afternoon spot. I think my spot is a morning spot.

travle

lol double browtine i was reading that and started thinking is this guy rubbing his good luck in my face until i seen your last couple of sentences.

Latest posts