Aeropress Coffee

TX300mag

Got an aeropress for Christmas from the kids. I think it'll be great for work (they only provide K-cups now) and hunting trips. I've only made about three cups with it, but I think it's going to work since I long stronger coffee with low acidity and bitterness. It'll definitely take some trial and error to get it just right.

Anybody use this and have any tips to share?

DaveB

no tips but looks interesting.

What is your favorite coffee right now, before you do the Aero thing?

You gonna do a regular brew and then an aero brew on the same grind?

Is this kinda like the thing the Cubans do to create that little tiny cup of coffee (cannot remember the name but powerful stuff).

TX300mag

I don't know that I have a favorite, but if I had to pick it might be a local coffee shop house blend that roasts in house (JavaMan). Another one that's really good is Boomtown in Houston, although I've never actually been there myself.

So far I think I like the inverted method where you stir 10 seconds and steep like a French press for 20 or 30 seconds before pressing. This allows me to make a cup without diluting. I just haven't come around to diluting my coffee with water yet.

I like med grind.

Still working on it, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Got one last year and love it! I even use it at home sometimes, not to mention it is great to use out in the woods hunting/hiking, or on the road, or in the duck blind, or whenever :super:

Latest posts