A good duck shoot

Dbllunger

Hey Dbllunger, Where in Arkansas was 'home' ? Ever heard of Strong, AR or ElDorado ? If so, I bet you've duck hunted on Felsenthal. I grew up in Sparkman. My wife is from Strong. Im quite a bit older than you, but I betcha you and I have waded some of the same swampy bottoms and stomped the same mud.
McGehee is where I lived and hunted back in the day. It's about 10 miles from the Mississippi river in SE AR. I'm familiar with Felsenthal and have a buddy that used to hunt it all the time but I never did. About as far west in AR I hunted was Seven Devils Swamp which is near Monticello. Fortunately the places we always hunted were never more than about 20 minutes from our house. Hunted a lot of cypress breaks, flooded timber and flooded rice fields. I think we had a lease just one year and all the other time we just asked permission. That was back when people still gave permission to folks to shoot a few ducks. Yes I'm familiar with where Strong and Sparkman are but I don't recall ever driving or visiting either. Thanks for reaching out. Always great to meet folks with things in common.

Latest posts