A first for me

megalomaniac

Driving back from the coast I saw a couple buzzards picking carrion off a carcass just off the road. Nope, was 2 jakes! I've heard turkeys will eat fresh carrion, but this was the first time I've ever personally seen it. I'm not surprised by the behavior itself, but moreso surprised I've never witnessed it, and also surprised they were doing this 5ft from a fairly busy 2 lane highway.

Bgoodman30

Driving back from the coast I saw a couple buzzards picking carrion off a carcass just off the road. Nope, was 2 jakes! I've heard turkeys will eat fresh carrion, but this was the first time I've ever personally seen it. I'm not surprised by the behavior itself, but moreso surprised I've never witnessed it, and also surprised they were doing this 5ft from a fairly busy 2 lane highway.

Turkey buzzards !?

Wooden Arrow

i've seen chickens doing that to road-kill, but on closer inspection, they were eating the maggots crawling around.

Rakkin6

Turkey vultures have almost become as rare as wild turkeys since the damn black headed ******* buzzards have taken over the world. But these 2 were most definitely wild turkey jakes and not turkey vultures.
Really, I got turkey vultures all over by me. I shoot those nasty black headed ones. They get up in the peak of the roofs in my neighborhood.

megalomaniac

Really, I got turkey vultures all over by me. I shoot those nasty black headed ones. They get up in the peak of the roofs in my neighborhood.
Turkey vultures and black headed buzzards are too completely different. Animals. The black headed buzzards are taking over and the turkey vulture numbers are crashing

Latest posts