A Cool Place to Live

rsimms

Made a short little duck hunt Saturday AM (don't worry, I'll get to fishing). We scratched out one greenhead. Saw LOTS of ducks... a surprisingly large number. They just didn't want where we were (except for the wayward greenhead).

Then I headed home, hooked up my boat and returned to the lake for a short afternoon foray. Crappie fished one spot... nada. Decided to catch a handful of bluegill and turn 'em into catfish bait.

Catfished about 45 minutes... got bit once (see below).

Went and crappie fished another spot... had a hard time staying on it because the wind was whippin' pretty good. But once I got it marked and found just the right combo of lure and countdown, I started "smackin' 'em!" Put a dozen keepers in the boat in pretty short order.

And the moral of this story... I did every one of these things all within sight of each other. From where we duck hunted, we could have dropped pellets on every spot I fished. Tennessee really is a very cool place to live.
mixed_bag.jpg

catman529

nice kill and catch, makes me want to try late fall/winter catfishing again, I don't do that often because it's a lot harder. I'll go find one of those deep holes in the creek and put some cut bait out.

Blount County Hunter

Kingston steam plant off i-40 has good rockfish and catfish hitting all winter long, the warmer water that is discharged attracts lots of baitfish and in turn brings in the rockfish and cats

stik

Blount County Hunter said:
Kingston steam plant off i-40 has good rockfish and catfish hitting all winter long, the warmer water that is discharged attracts lots of baitfish and in turn brings in the rockfish and cats

better bring a boat because i think the public access to the canal is closed.

Blount County Hunter

stik said:

Well I haven't been there in almost 2 years, is it permanently closed or just temporarily?

stik

stik said:

Well I haven't been there in almost 2 years, is it permanently closed or just temporarily?

it's been closed ever since the ash spill.

A

Anonymous

Cool pictures, and story.

I love Tennessee also, I live by Kentucky Lake, in the spring it is really great, I Turkey hunt in the Morning, and spend the rest of the day Crappie, and Bass fishing.

Latest posts