4 Years of Pics of My Best TN Deer (Help with Age)

cleatus2506

I wanted to share a 4 year series of pictures of my best TN deer ever. I'm curious what the opinions are of this buck's age and if there are any doubts as to it being the same deer in all these pictures. The first two pics are when I was first introduced to this buck in late 2020, the 3rd pic is the only pic I got of him all year in 2021. The next 2 pics are early season 2022 when I really started trying to figure him out and hunt him seriously. I was unsuccessful however in even getting eyes on him the entire year. The next two pics are him from this year, I had some early velvet pics of him but he ghosted before the velvet hunt and I didn't pick him back up until November. The last 3 are pretty special and self explanatory, the end of the road. I believe him to be minimum 3 1/2 in the first pics and possibly 4 1/2 which would make him 6 1/2 and possibly 7 1/2 when he was killed. Either way, the oldest deer I've ever killed but I'd like to get opinions on what everyone else thinks (the jawbone is being saved at the taxidermist and will be sent off). Thanks for taking the time to look and give your opinions.
IMG_0504.jpgIMG_0505.jpgIMG_1779.PNGBigBrow_4.JPGBigBrow_6.JPGSTC_0265.JPGSTC_0400.JPGIMG_1748.jpgIMG_1746.jpgIMG_1751.jpg

DoubleRidge

Hard to say on the summer velvet pics? But in the other pics it looks to be the same deer. Zero doubt beyond mature. Great buck! Congratulations!

cleatus2506

I'm not sure it's the same buck in all the pics. Some of the pics show sticker points and he doesn't have a sign of a sticker point in the last pics.
Great deer either way!
You're exactly right, he didn't express those stickers this year. On the rack you can see and feel small bumps where they were in the previous year's pictures. One of the cool things, at least for me, about seeing deer over the course of a few years is how they can change and stay the same simultaneously.

Latest posts