$37 million dollar wildlife crossings

AT Hiker

Say what you want about government spending, at least it is for meaningful conservation. Even if it is justified for human safety.

Side note; I spoke with a WY biologist last week. He spent a few hours flying and doing counts for elk, mainly. He told me on one flat where historically he would count 500 plus mule deer, he seen just a few. Not good news at all. Granted, it was seasonally warm in this particular WY mountain range up until Thanksgiving, so hopefully the deer are just late migrating and the numbers aren't as bad as this initial flight count.

Anyways, these critters need all the help they can get so I am glad to see these crossings being put in. It will be years before this has any impact but we need to think long term with wildlife.

Omega

I'm ok with this because in some areas wildlife pose a serious danger to motorists. That it also helps the wildlife population out is a big plus, but IMO it is more important to help save humans than animal lives. I recall that in CO, vehicle vs deer was a major concern to the locals, though hadn't heard of anyone getting killed while I lived there, many cars were destroyed that were owned by people I knew.

Mattt

Idk. Spent a lot of time in wy and mt. If they need this it tells me there's too many people. Look at Colorado. The last 6-7 years working there and watching all that fence being built. I'm trying to believe there's still a few places that are still wild enough that the govt doesn't build or regulate everything and common sense still dictates how people act. I know, I'm dreaming.

Latest posts