35 REM ammo

TboneD

And I was considering going the 35 route next year for a short range gun. I had no idea it was THIS bad…

My goodness.
Yeah, it's really ridiculous. I do love my Marlin 336 in 35 Rem but for the ammo issue, last year I bought an 18" barrel Ruger American Predator in 308 win as another option to have for the woods. It's exactly the same handy length gun but even a little lighter. Still not exactly ambidextrous like a lever action, though.

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Yeah, it's really ridiculous. I do love my Marlin 336 in 35 Rem but for the ammo issue, last year I bought an 18" barrel Ruger American Predator in 308 win as another option to have for the woods. It's exactly the same handy length gun but even a little lighter. Still not exactly ambidextrous like a lever action, though.
I may end up trying to trade this one off for a 308

TboneD

Would be ok for one in the chamber and one in the magazine. With my 35, one shot is the norm. Better than a handi-rifle.
Yes, of course, you're good as long as you don't have a hard pointed bullet resting against a primer. I just try to make my gun as foolproof as possible. What I don't understand, though, is why Winchester started making these 35 Rem with pointed bullets instead of trying to satisfy the lever action market first. 🤔

7mm08

Yes, of course, you're good as long as you don't have a hard pointed bullet resting against a primer. I just try to make my gun as foolproof as possible. What I don't understand, though, is why Winchester started making these 35 Rem with pointed bullets instead of trying to satisfy the lever action market first. 🤔
So these are more acceptable?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 8865CBA6-E5B2-43D0-8EA3-895D7A0FF997.jpeg
    8865CBA6-E5B2-43D0-8EA3-895D7A0FF997.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts