3 Toed Doe

bowhunterfanatic

Had a successful late season bow hunt this morning. I've probably carried my bow 15 times since bow season trying to kill another doe or two and other than 1 hunt where I passed up a shot due to having a decent buck in the field, I have had 0 shot opportunities. Had a lot of very close calls but it was always 2-3 minutes too late or 5-10 yards too far. Changed it up this morning and hunted a spot I haven't hunted in a few years now. I've been seeing 9 does in the field this past week so I set up in the pines on the field edge hoping to cut them off headed to the field. I carried a rifle as well because I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to actually correctly guess where they were entering the field. About 7:45 I noticed a doe fawn coming my way. She milled around me for a bit and I opted not to shoot her thinking either mom should be around somewhere or that a buck should be back behind her. After 5-6 minutes I finally spotted mom limping my way. There is so much undergrowth in the pines that it took me a good while to finally get a shot on mom. I doubled lunged her at 17-18 yards and she crashed about 35 yards from me. The fawn never knew what happened and started heading back towards mom after a few minutes. I shot her at like 31 yards and double lunged her as well. I'm almost ashamed to say that made me 5-5 on the year with my bow. 5 arrows released and 5 clean kills. To the best of my memory it's the best year I've ever had with a bow. Anyhow, when I got down I inspected mom's front foot and I'll let the picture tell the rest. Definitely never seen one like it before. Unless I change my mind this morning finished me up and I'm already looking forward to next season.

Back Home

Awesome. Congrats on the double. Not sure how bad the hooves of end survivors get, but maybe that's it. Or just injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DoubleRidge

Congrats on a fine season!! First thought I had when looking at pic was EHD....I have no idea....I too just wondered? But hey...5 arrows released with 5 clean kills is great.... congrats!!

Latest posts