2024 SEC BASEBALL TOURNAMENT SCHED/BRACKET

Hduke86

If y'all missed the Ole Miss / Mississippi State game last night it was great if you like great pitching. I turned it on in the 6th and Ole Miss up 1-0. Stayed that way until bottom of the 9th. State had a runner on 3rd and 2 outs and kids takes first pitch yard for the walk off homer.
I watched it and as soon as he hit it…..no doubt the game was over

Gravey

Has UT used a different pitcher in every inning? Turned it on at the top of the 6th and they've used a different one every inning and it's the top of the 9th. Regardless Vandy has hit the baseball well and beating the brakes off of em 12-4 at the moment.

Displaced_Vol

Has UT used a different pitcher in every inning? Turned it on at the top of the 6th and they've used a different one every inning and it's the top of the 9th. Regardless Vandy has hit the baseball well and beating the brakes off of em 12-4 at the moment.
Been making lots of moves out of the bullpen and line up both actually. Russell got one inning and looked pretty good except a fastball that cranked Vandy's batter in the head.

My stream on ESPN app has been awful tonight.

Gravey

Been making lots of moves out of the bullpen and line up both actually. Russell got one inning and looked pretty good except a fastball that cranked Vandy's batter in the head.

My stream on ESPN app has been awful tonight.
Saw some comments online of people talking about it. Russell pitched the 6th when I started watching and saw him hit that guy. Made my head hurt. Game is on SEC network on DirecTV anyway.

JCDEERMAN

Go Dores! This game surprised me. What won't surprise me is when they lose the next 2 and are out 🤣. I have no confidence in this team from the beatdowns I've seen them take the last month or two.

Spurhunter

Almost like Tony conceded the loss and saved all the experienced pitchers for today's game after Vandy got a nice lead. That game was very odd to me. Maybe he knows the bats were cold and a comeback was unlikely and since it's double elimination he would look ahead. 🤷‍♂️

wayne

Almost like Tony conceded the loss and saved all the experienced pitchers for today's game after Vandy got a nice lead. That game was very odd to me. Maybe he knows the bats were cold and a comeback was unlikely and since it's double elimination he would look ahead. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523_025124_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_025124_X.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 29

wayne

Crazy that all 4 top seeds lost today. It's almost as though the SEC is trying to get every bubble team into the tournament.
All 4 have taken the same approach of throwing bullpen/ young arms.
I saw where someone said that Tennessee lost the equivalent of 7 games worth of innings that younger players could have played by run-ruling teams. I don't know how true that is.

Gravey

I understand saving arms for the regional if that's what he's doing and pitching 8 arms in 9 innings says so but as a competitor that would piss me off. I was always there to beat your brains in no matter the circumstances. My mantra was let's win the day!

BMan

Crazy that all 4 top seeds lost today. It's almost as though the SEC is trying to get every bubble team into the tournament.
All 4 have taken the same approach of throwing bullpen/ young arms.
I saw where someone said that Tennessee lost the equivalent of 7 games worth of innings that younger players could have played by run-ruling teams. I don't know how true that is.

Odd seeing the top 4 seeds making up the loser's bracket. 😲

wayne

I understand saving arms for the regional if that's what he's doing and pitching 8 arms in 9 innings says so but as a competitor that would piss me off. I was always there to beat your brains in no matter the circumstances. My mantra was let's win the day!
They're more or less trying to find a 4th or 5th starter that they are going to need that they can depend on. Better to find out now than in the tournament that really matters.

Gravey

They're more or less trying to find a 4th or 5th starter that they are going to need that they can depend on. Better to find out now than in the tournament that really matters.
I hear ya but at this point you already know who that is based on your midweek games through the season. I think he wanted to get AJ Russell in and thought he'd go more than 1 inning. Regardless there's a reason Vitello is coaching and I'm on the couch watching. 😂😂😂

Union Co. Boy

Nobody talking about my Wildcats?! Meh. Don't blame you after we got run ruled by LSU. 🤦🏻. Plus, this is "TN"deer after all. No hard feelings. I just usually don't comment in Sports because it gets nasty from some. But hey, at least we beat Arkansas today. Maybe get a shot at revenge if LSU wins this one against the 'Cocks. SEC is so freaking loaded! Fun to watch. Wish yall all the luck I can stomach to do so. 😂 Go Big Blue!

Latest posts