SEC Tournament

cbhunter

That was a great buzzer beater to force the OT. For the last 5 seconds I was saying "WHAT IS HE DOING?" I was super surprised it dropped. I don't know anything about the kid but that was ballin'

cbhunter

To clarify for us middle TN folks it's noon.
1710508034042.gif

Displaced_Vol

I live in Central and my office is in Eastern time… been that way since 2017 and it's still a royal pain in my ass

Other than that go Vols! Apparently the SEC Tourney matters for seeding this year so hope we show well this weekend.

PalsPal

Well, any hopes of a 1 seed are gone. Not so sure that it mattered.

I will say that if we don't get more from James and Vescovi, we'll see another early exit from the NCAA tourney. And I have little confidence that we will. They just have no fight in them any more.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
And another sad loss… I predict they make it further in the ncaa tournament than any other sec team. And then I'll scratch my head wondering why they couldn't win the sec tournament. Rinse lather repeat

PalsPal

MS State played great defense and just out hustled the vols.

And that's twice this year. If i heard right, they are the only SEC team that we didn't beat this year, so there is obviously a match up problem there.

The Barnes haters will be in full force leading up to the tournament, and that's their right. But, they'll jump back on if we make a run 😉!

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Tennessee vs Mississippi State was a very physical game and the refs "let them play". This usually helps Tennessee but in this case, I think it helped MSU even more. Tennessee also did not shoot well when they had good looks. I thought they had enough offensive weapons to find someone who would score when the others might be off but it didn't happen enough today.

I hope Bama does not get these refs because Alabama has a tough time in this type of game and the players are not real strong. I've heard that refs usually allow more contact and physical play during the post-season but don't know if that's true.

Displaced_Vol

Tennessee vs Mississippi State was a very physical game and the refs "let them play". This usually helps Tennessee but in this case, I think it helped MSU even more. Tennessee also did not shoot well when they had good looks. I thought they had enough offensive weapons to find someone who would score when the others might be off but it didn't happen enough today.

I hope Bama does not get these refs because Alabama has a tough time in this type of game and the players are not real strong. I've heard that refs usually allow more contact and physical play during the post-season but don't know if that's true.
I think that's a good assessment- we had our fair share of wide open looks and couldn't throw it in the damn ocean.

Latest posts