SEC Tournament

encore06

Cats going down to a hungry A&M team. Quick guards and whistles have been their nemesis all year. Like the Vols, they will get some extra rest

PalsPal

That was a disappointing loss. Bama hasn't been great the last couple of weeks. I don't see them going far in the tournament.

You never know. The season is a grind, especially the SEC this year.

I really think the teams that have NCAA bids locked up kind of go on cruise control in the conference tourneys, while those fighting for their tournament lives ramp it up.
Any of the top teams are capable of going deep in the tournament. Match ups play a big role. That's why it's called March Madness. Put the seat belt on and hang on for the ride.

THEdonkey0515

So weird Barnes can consistently have a top four team in the country. A veteran Team, Deep team ,talented team, a team that could beat anyone. A SEC championship team. but can't win a tournament game over a lesser opponent every single year.

I hope Barnes stays in Knoxville till he is done with Bball, but come on man your coming up on a decade in Knoxville with great team after great team and have 1 Elite 8 to show for it.

Last edited:

Trey13

So weird Barnes can consistently have a top four team in the country. A veteran Team, Deep team ,talented team, a team that could beat anyone. A SEC championship team. but can't win a tournament game over a lesser opponent every single year.

I hope Barnes stays in Knoxville till he is done with Bball, but come on man your coming up on a decade in Knoxville with great team after great team and have 1 Elite 8 to show for it.
Kinda like he was at Texas

THEdonkey0515

We won the SEC tournament in 2022.
I know I was mainly talking about the big Dance.

Even with the 2022 SEC tournament win he still has more early disappointing exits in the SEC tournament then not. I know you can't expect to win every tournament or even a couple in a few years time. But come on man I expect a top five team to win a couple games! Every year people are saying this might be Barnes' best team in Knoxville every year around tournament time they disappointed.

Displaced_Vol

Even with the 2022 SEC tournament win he still has more early disappointing exits in the SEC tournament then not. I know you can't expect to win every tournament or even a couple in a few years time. But come on man I expect a top five team to win a couple games! Every year people are saying this might be Barnes' best team in Knoxville every year around tournament time they disappointed.
That was Kennedy Chandler's team and I don't think they were near as good overall as compared to this year- but we got hot and ran through the SEC and I thought OK maybe we can finally make a better run in the NCAA…

So who knows.

PalsPal

You're right. It is frustrating.

I think he's a very good Xs and Os guy, and good at developing players.

He isn't a great motivator, and I wonder if he puts too much pressure on some guys.

I just keep hoping that something will change this year, but it doesn't look good.

BMan

Sounds like DePaul in the 70s. Killed everyone until the NCAA tournament, then would lose to a #16 seed or in the 2nd round.

Latest posts