2 drawing filing cabinets Wanted!

FTG-05

I just built a pallet rack woodworking bench and I have a 48"x8' space lower shelf. I'd like to turn this into a power tool storage. Hence, I'd like to get a bunch of 2 drawer steel filing cabinets.

Here's a pic of the workbench:

lHYJ26t.jpg

Now's here the rub: I only have 24.5" vertical space between the shelf and the pallet rack horizontal beams to work with. :(

Doable, but not very many two drawer cabinets are 24.5" high; most are in the 28-30" vertical range.

Here's a sample pic of what I'm looking for:

41Pcs8keDUL._AC_.jpg

If you have any or know of someone emptying out an office or whatever, please let me know. I'm 15 miles from the AL/TN border and I-65.

Thanks,

Shag

Great looking work bench! I did a quick search for that size cabinet. They are out there…but pricey! Looks like you've got some skills from the look of that table. You might be money ahead to build your own drawers from wood.

FTG-05

Great looking work bench! I did a quick search for that size cabinet. They are out there…but pricey! Looks like you've got some skills from the look of that table. You might be money ahead to build your own drawers from wood.
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. I was hoping for a more turn-key type solution though. It took me dang near a year to do this table. o_O

Hammer

They are free
When can you pick them up?
Would not be able to hold them for weeks on end.

FTG-05

I picked them up yesterday; I'll spend today getting them installed and then seeing how I want to modify them to hold various tools.

Thanks again!

Anyone else?

FTG-05

My wife some single drawer file cabinets. I reinforced the lower shelf on my welding table and installed there.

Using my 12k lb lift to raise the table so I don't have to bend over and can work at waist level:

qxlLejp.jpg

cuEGf26.jpg

Q6kXvm0.jpg

IOi9FOI.jpg

Now, most of the tools that I had piled up on the lower shelf are now in the file cabinets, where they won't get full of dust and debris. Plus, there is the great advantage of no longer tripping over cords that fall off.

Anyone else have any 1-2 drawer file cabinets?

Thanks!

Latest posts