1911 Question

Tikkabuck

Here's the deal. If someone was to want to buy a 1911 pistol for investment reasons. Lets put out 2 diffrent thoughts. If you were to shoot them which one retain the most value and if not to shoot them.

I have my Kimber and it's awesome but would it stay as valuable,will it increase in value.

Colt I think these are the best as far as increasing in $$ but are they as good as they used to be.

How about Springfield,I've shot a few of these and they are SWEET but what about in the long run as an investment.

FLTENNHUNTER1

I am not an expert by any means but I think most guns will at least hold close to their value. I don't think many will actually increase too much unless it is going to be a banned weapon...

Then again, with Obomber/Biden they all might get banned. So, don't ask me, I don't know Jack!

New guns are not the best investment, taxes are hard to recover. The best way to buy is from a trustworthy individual. Some guns are collectible and others are not, some are fads and go up and down in price, buy what you want and be happy with it.

rdl65

If it's not a Colt, it's just a copy. Any of the guns You listed will hold their value pretty good. Colt does seam to hold value a bit better. If You want an investment piece look into purchasing an old Colt or a more collectible weapon. If you really want to invest in something buy a transferable machine gun. Forbes magazine once listed these as one of the top 5 investments of all times.

Locksley

WhitetailSlayer said:
I would buy a WW1 1911 or a WWII 1911A1, they are continuing to increase in price and will only continue to do so in the future

The military guns are the most expensive to buy too.
If it's not a Colt, it's just a copy as for new guns. . Any of the Colt guns listed will hold their value pretty good. Some Colts do seam to hold values a bit better than others the Gold Cup or National Match will do best. Any WW-II gun will do though so maker does not matter as much with them. They are all government spec. guns.

marlin45/70

I have one of the sprindfield mil-spec 45's and i love it. Before i bought it several people told me that they was bad for jamming. I've shot several rounds through it and have never had it jam.I bought the gun form a friend who had just purchased it and I know i could sell it for what I paid for it or maybe more. Yes the colt's would be the way to go but hurry their not getting any cheaper

firefox

You won't get the same return from any Kimber as you would any Colt! Don't mean to seem snide. If you give $1400 for a Kimber you'll be lucky to get $750 for it used. On the other side...if you give $650 for a Colt you can always sell it for $500!!! That little horse counts for a lot ;)

BlackBelt

Other than a 'race gun' 1911 (Like a Wilson or Ed Brown or the like), I also think that anything other than a Colt will not hold its value.
I have several 1911's, and when I've looked into selling them, the only ones people are willing to pay anything for are the Colts. And those are the ones I want to keep!

stik

the colt may be the best "investment" but i WILL NOT own a gun from a company that caved to the antigunners like they did.

Locksley

firefox said:
You won't get the same return from any Kimber as you would any Colt! Don't mean to seem snide. If you give $1400 for a Kimber you'll be lucky to get $750 for it used. On the other side...if you give $650 for a Colt you can always sell it for $500!!! That little horse counts for a lot ;) [/quote

YEP that Colt pony means a lot. They sell for more than the cost a few years later , Colt holds its value. 45 the caliber that won the west. Patton had a Colt 45.

A

Anonymous

stik said:
the colt may be the best "investment" but i WILL NOT own a gun from a company that caved to the antigunners like they did.

What did Colt do to cave in to the antis? Perhaps you're confused with Smith & Wesson?

rdl65

Don't get me wrong I love my Colt AR-15's and 1911's but Colt did get politically correct with there AR-15's. They started neutering them even before the 94 assault weapons ban and they still don't sale the ones with bayonet lug and flash hiders for civilian use. It's easy enough to get one with all the evil features but these are supposed to be LEO only.

Yank

Yep, Colts be my pick as far as holding thier value. I've got an old Double Eagle in 10mm and have seen some crazy prices on those lately. :)

And if you can find an old Detonics reasonable you might want to grab it, they are sure to still be worth what you gave in a couple more years. ;)

Tikkabuck

Thanks for all the info guys,here the one,the heart stopper. :cool:

pix1084807953.jpg

firefox

Colt even went further with the Ar-15's by changing the size of the pins to mount a lower to an upper and by installing a sear-block in the lower to make full-auto changes almost impossible to civilians...but a Colt AR or 1911 still bring more cash when selling :)

Latest posts