Gibson county trespassing..outside of Milan

ttf909

There is some of the most whining people on here I have ever seen over someone accidentally walking across the corner of your property where there is nothing but trees! The same ones that have a melt down over coon hunters is the same ones that cry about not having turkey and quail in their area when its the coons that destroy a good portion of the nests. If someone walks on your dirt once or twice a year that got lost or turned around and doesn't bother anything is it really that big of a deal? I can understand not wanting people around your house, sheds or barn or if they was doing it regularly, stealing, tearing stuff up or cutting fences but ya'll are over the top over someone walking. You act like those transplants that move in, buy an acre, then act like they control the whole county! I'm not a coon hunter and I don't even know anyone that does but some of you want to put on a real clown show over nothing!
Did you or they pay for my property , the taxes or insurance?
How about GPS, onX, huntstand ?
Don't come on to my property , cut my corner , or get turned around.
Then we won't have any problems and your picture doesn't get posted on my next no trespassing sign like the last 4 bozos that were doing "nuffin" 👌

BTW my volunteer pines are so tight in places that I have cut hundreds or maybe thousands and waiting for a big wind to knock them down . Would you like to be the recipient of a 50 foot pine coming down on your head ? Last guy I had words with said yea I saw all those orange flagings . You were standing in my demo zone.
Next , if the pay to hunt coon contest guys would quit trapping coons and releasing them next door the 130 plus that I have killed would have made a dent in the population.

Hardwoodmaterials

Ooohhh my. A guy accidentally wondered across my imaginary line in the woods so we should hunt him down and hang him in the town square! Get a life. Without the trail cams you would never know they walked through. It's ridiculous how some of you "Karens" act over nothing!

ttf909

Ooohhh my. A guy accidentally wondered across my imaginary line in the woods so we should hunt him down and hang him in the town square! Get a life. Without the trail cams you would never know they walked through. It's ridiculous how some of you "Karens" act over nothing!
Yeah well piss off

backyardtndeer

Yeah, I won't get into name calling, this should be a respectful conversation.

Have you ever been sitting in a stand on your own property and had guys come through chasing their dogs? I have, and have had them totally blow my hunts without as much as an apology. First time I heard my dog's can't read signs was on a Thanksgiving morning about 25 years ago. Guys came through blew deer out, and I never even saw their dogs, I did hear deer blowing though.

I can't count how many times I have been in the stand and had beagle hounds run through, even watched deer hide from them before. Bottom line is that it's all about people showing respect for what's not theirs.

Hardwoodmaterials

Yeah, I won't get into name calling, this should be a respectful conversation.

Have you ever been sitting in a stand on your own property and had guys come through chasing their dogs? I have, and have had them totally blow my hunts without as much as an apology. First time I heard my dog's can't read signs was on a Thanksgiving morning about 25 years ago. Guys came through blew deer out, and I never even saw their dogs, I did hear deer blowing though.

I can't count how many times I have been in the stand and had beagle hounds run through, even watched deer hide from them before. Bottom line is that it's all about people showing respect for what's not theirs.
Nope, mostly people's pet that just blow through because they won't keep them at home. I don't see what that has to do with all the members here that has posted the one trail cam pic. that they have gotten all year of a single person walking and acting like that person should be hung in the town square. It's plum sad how some act over nothing more than someone making a wrong turn!

7mmWSM

You sound like a habitual offender. Sounds like you've been told before to stay off someone's property. Stay off where you don't belong and you won't have this issue. I bet you're known well in the area you hunt……
And I'm going out on a limb saying I bet you don't own any hunting land of your own. So you really have no dog in this fight just your mouth.

Last edited:

deerhunter10

At the end of the day it's a liability, a pretty big one actually. One of the reasons insurance is so high. I can see why you think it's not a big deal, but when I pay a lot of money for my place, then a lot of money to maintain my place, it's my right to be mad or angry or prosecute trespassing. It's illegal, disrespectful and can be avoided and should be. An accident not that big of a deal, but blatantly trespassing even if it's to retrieve a deer is not ok. Not to mention most places are fenced and the lines are marked and not hard to see. Also if you want to know why knocking on doors and getting permission, and why it's hard for people to find leases, look no further then your attitude towards other land owners right now. At the end of the day the liability is the biggest thing especially in this sue happy society we live in now.

knightrider

Nope, mostly people's pet that just blow through because they won't keep them at home. I don't see what that has to do with all the members here that has posted the one trail cam pic. that they have gotten all year of a single person walking and acting like that person should be hung in the town square. It's plum sad how some act over nothing more than someone making a wrong turn!
Its not a wrong turn or lost, its trespassing plain and simple! Come and ask or stay out!

Hardwoodmaterials

Its not a wrong turn or lost, its trespassing plain and simple! Come and ask or stay out!
I'm going to buy me some of that Sitka camo, face mask and a good flashlight so I can come get all of ya'lls deer and step on every turkey nests I come across! LOL Ya'll must be miserable all the time worrying about someone getting too close to your land! Now, I will go ahead and get the manager for you ladies! LOL

Urban_Hunter

I'm talking way out of my wheelhouse here, as I don't coon hunt. But years ago around here, people didn't care as much about trespassing while hunting. Heck, before serious deer hunting, they'd wave at you and ask how the hunting was. I'm talking coons, squirrels, rabbits, arrowheads and such. Most really didn't care and hoped for success for the hunters.

Deer hunting changed every bit of that, and as more people crowded in here, spaces got tighter and new land owners became more protective of those smaller parcels.

It'd be tough to be a coon or rabbit hunter today.
I've seen this said quite a bit and I'm not sure I buy in. Good hunting spots have forever been coveted. I don't remember anyone being content sharing their private lands. I also remember all the men I hunted with when I was a kid complaining about all the east tn tags on trucks that crawled all over willamette land in Hickman and Perry county in the 90's. If everyone was so complacent, whey were they driving 4 hours to come the absolute barrens of deer territory lol. We had about 150 acres to hunt in Hickman that bordered willamette and we guarded it like ft Knox.

Don't get me wrong, I know there were exceptions… but I don't buy that it was just a free-for-all to do as you please, wherever you please and the farmer would bid you good luck

1jamey

I'm going to buy me some of that Sitka camo, face mask and a good flashlight so I can come get all of ya'lls deer and step on every turkey nests I come across! LOL Ya'll must be miserable all the time worrying about someone getting too close to your land! Now, I will go ahead and get the manager for you ladies! LOL
Not miserable just don't want strangers cruising around my place. I haven't turned any coon hunters away that I knew or introduced themselves. I only ask for them to not hunt after muzzleloader season opens to the end of deer season and turkey season. I have had a few people sneak in which I did nothing about since it was after season. Bottom line is there is a right and wrong way to do things be respectful to others. I bought and paid for it therefore it is mine.

knightrider

Once you cross the fence between all those posted sighns ,all bets are off, enter at your own risk!😂

Latest posts