Annual “rut report” thread

Bgoodman30

Seen 2 year olds fight in the field the last two afternoons. Many does feeding with little harassment and shooters have been shot? IDK...

gobblesandgrunts

Bgoodman30":1cmn0ehn said:
Seen 2 year olds fight in the field the last two afternoons. Many does feeding with little harassment and shooters have been shot? IDK...
Ain't seen a thing on camera on one of my farms. Like the deer dissapeared. Pulled card last weekend on other farm and young bucks out with their nose on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JCDEERMAN

Does still several days out in Hickman. Bucks still using scrapes frequently. Younger bucks pestering does. Should be any day here when scrapes go dead

Tiny

I Thinks its on.. If not right close. CAM Overnight on the 14th had 3.5 + checking does out n this Spike below No Ideal where he came from..never see. before..n no ideal for sure just how many difcernt Deer were acthally around.. Have had A Doe n fawn til last of July then the 7pt showed up.. Oct 29 to Nov 1st 6 on cam at same time ..Then very little activity till last night..best can figure 8 different Deer at same time n likely more.. 1 cam video 2 stills pointed different directions btw all had deer on them at or similir times..Can hear gruntin on the video yes dogging.
Before I checked the card tonight put out some Tinks 69 for the heck of it..Might be intresting to see..Good Luck to All.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191115-222305_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20191115-222305_ES File Explorer.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • Screenshot_20191115-221201_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20191115-221201_ES File Explorer.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,562

Tiny

Check the hocks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191115-222239_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20191115-222239_ES File Explorer.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,544

tellico4x4

Wayne & Hardin Co.
11/14
Scrapes still be opened, small deer starting to wander around by themselves. Watched a 3-1/2 yr old run all does off plot, they had no interest but he did & his hocks were fairly stained.
11/15
Heard pretty intense chase in thicket behind me but never saw them. Buddy saw 25 deer between 0710-0900 hrs which included 8 bucks, no chasing or pestering....was setup overlooking a grove of oaks located in thinned pines between two food plots. Deer were either feeding on acorns or just passing thru.

First time in two yrs that we've had acorns so deer are enjoying them. That's taking some pressure off plots, but still have a few that are being hammered to dirt while others are calf high, go figure...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

duckriver

JCDEERMAN":2igi9yzs said:
Does still several days out in Hickman. Bucks still using scrapes frequently. Younger bucks pestering does. Should be any day here when scrapes go dead

X2. Just checked cams and with what I've while hunting the does a does are still mostly grouped up with a few young ones off on their own. On a side note this is the fewest bucks I've ever seen on camera or while hunting for this time of year

southernhunter

duckriver":2r14n4cx said:
JCDEERMAN":2r14n4cx said:

X2. Just checked cams and with what I've while hunting the does a does are still mostly grouped up with a few young ones off on their own. On a side note this is the fewest bucks I've ever seen on camera or while hunting for this time of year

Last year was the best year I have had running trail cams , was regularly getting older bucks on cam, this year has been the total opposite. Few mature bucks early on then nothing last 4 weeks

Bgoodman30

catman529":34ncq0wf said:
It's wide open in Williamson county right now. Right on schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw a monster in Wilco this morning I saw him in same spot around the 10th last year.

I'm the same way with my trail cams haven't had a pic of a shooter in weeks. Last year was much better all around...

Bgoodman30

Worst afternoon sit of the season.

Must be locked down...

Westcoach41

It's on in Williamson. The last piece of proof I needed was a mature buck, nose to the ground, walking through Franklin. I'll be in the woods as much as possible next week!

gatodoc

Hunted Fayetteville co the last 4 days. Lots of young bucks cruising. Bud killed a nice 9 pt following a doe. I've killed 3 does Think it's just starting here next 2 weeks should be hot,,,,,,,

Latest posts