Annual “rut report” thread

Spurhunter

Hunted all day Saturday in Fayette county. Saw one doe by herself. 2 does together. And I rattled in a tall, long tined 6 point THREE times! He was looking for a fight but a young deer. As I was leaving I came through an area that smelled like someone had spilled a couple bottles of Tinks. Not sure what was up with that but I still think we are 1 to 2 weeks out in SW TN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

I saw 12 different bucks this weekend. All were cruising bedding areas or working scrape lines. I had success grunting with them but not rattling. All these bucks however were youngsters except for 1 3.5yo. Still waiting on the big boy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington700

Hunted all weekend in Fayette County. My hunting partner had an 8 point and 7 point traveling together still. I had several spikes and 3 points around me. They were chasing does. The does were avoiding these little bucks. I believe they are just getting started and we are a week or two away.

JCDEERMAN

A lot of scrape activity right now. Grunted in a 1.5 yo Saturday morning cruising. Saw a 2.5 yo chasing a doe and fawn that evening. Still a few days out. Weather looking perfect for the end of the week/weekend

SW Hickman

swd

In Fayette county all weekend. Saturday two of my good friends I hunt with connected on mature target bucks. One was pushing does in a food plot at around 0700. The other was cruising the edge of a food plot at 1710.

I saw two nice 3.5 year olds yesterday morning. The first was sniff checking some doe bedding and left when nothing smelled the way he wanted it to. That was between 0600 and 0630. The other was around 0800 and just out cruising the edges. Had a fork out cruising at about 1000. No major rut activity yet, but I sure am getting anxious.

megalomaniac

Great hunting. I've seen 20 different bucks. Passed 3 3.5yos chasing does that werent quite ready. Passed 2 4.5yos searching in daylight. One was 125in, the other 140in. A 5.5 yo cull showed up on a scrape on daylight yesterday, I'm hunting him now. My 6.5 or older bucks are still nocturnal.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

smyrnagc

megalomaniac":16tu2xw2 said:
Great hunting. I've seen 20 different bucks. Passed 3 3.5yos chasing does that werent quite ready. Passed 2 4.5yos searching in daylight. One was 125in, the other 140in. A 5.5 yo cull showed up on a scrape on daylight yesterday, I'm hunting him now. My 6.5 or older bucks are still nocturnal.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

What county?

Dakota10

Williamson county.
Ahead of the rain this evening I saw a basket rack buck and spike buck chase around does in a field. A large buck came out 15 minutes later and followed their trail out of sight.

dogmatik

Clay county, Moss area... plenty of chasing and seen one trailing about 20 minutes behind a doe. All scrapes I saw were not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone Collector

After I put that picture in the thread, I looked to be sure my brother didn't hit that deer and as I was looking i did a little scouting. Found my first rub and it had two scrapes within eyesight of it. I also found where a buck had been racking his antlers in the dirt in another area. However Does still have fawns with them, and there are some bucks still with other bucks, so I think its about to pop, but just not there yet.

This is on my Place in Rutherford County.

Andy S.

SW TN - hunted this past weekend and saw does/fawns still in groups, saw several yearling and 2.5 year old bucks cruising and captured a few mature bucks on camera shortly after dark.

Bgoodman30

What y'all think about tomorrows conditions for rut activity? I'm going regardless I'm a glutton for punishment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bgoodman30

Tons of movement today as expected.. I think I saw half the 1-2 year olds in the county.. I call it the dink parade. Had one tall 8 pt 3 year old slip in this afternoon and bed down 75 yards from me... His tarsals were not that dark... If tomorrow doesn't pan out I might let the cameras do the hunting until I get some proof the big boys are still around...

smyrnagc

Bgoodman30":apmzf1u7 said:
Tons of movement today as expected.. I think I saw half the 1-2 year olds in the county.. I call it the dink parade. Had one tall 8 pt 3 year old slip in this afternoon and bed down 75 yards from me... His tarsals were not that dark... If tomorrow doesn't pan out I might let the cameras do the hunting until I get some proof the big boys are still around...

Which county?

Thekla

Watched a 2.5 yr old 8 chase a doe from one end of the field to the other for over 45 minutes today in Gibson County

Bgoodman30

smyrnagc":rajfeu8n said:
Bgoodman30":rajfeu8n said:

Which county?

Hickman

spinal tap

Hunted south Marshall yesterday and did not see any signs of major activity. Scrapes are being made, but only saw a few does just browsing calmly.

ZachMarkus

Lawrence county- Haven't hunted but camera activity shows lots of young buck activity, cruising and working scrapes. A couple of cameras had bucks still running together. Mature bucks are still nocturnal.

Latest posts