Annual “rut report” thread

UTGrad

Marshall and Williamson

Trail cam pics of bucks starting to cruise and expand their range. No sign of a hot doe yet.

I've also seen a bump in deer roadkill in the past week.

Thanks for starting the thread. Love this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob-HC Hunter

On my farms in Robertson and Montgomery counties I'm seeing plenty of field scrapes and a few wood scrapes. Does are bunched up still. Starting to see older aged bucks seeking and checking. IMO we are on the verge of first does coming into estrus.

Shanman

Watched a good buck shadow a mature doe this morning, wasn't pushing her, just following along 20yds off to one side. Crossville area

Andy S.

SW TN - scrapes are popping up everywhere, which is right on time. I watched a 3.5 year old buck pushing unreceptive does yesterday and watched a mature buck lip curl at the same group of does little later. Mature buck read the does and backed off, but did follow behind them, at a comfortable distance as not to bump them. He had his neck stretched out lip curling several times. The other bucks piped down and went back to feeding once big boy showed up.

Bushape

I live in NW Alabama but hunt in Southern Wayne county Tn. There used to be a privately owned fenced hunting area that a friend of mine managed. They tested a sample of their does and using whatever data they use determined that all of those does bred on 12-10. This place is no more than 3 miles from Tennessee.

swd

Fayette county

Saw a 1.5 year old out cruising Saturday morning around 9:00.
Saw 4 1.5 year old bucks cruising throughout the morning Sunday.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Sequatchie/Grundy rubs and scrapes everywhere! Went to same tree I killed buck at last week and seen another young buck running 2 does. Starting to get good boys and gals!

whwood21

Saw two bucks at 10:30 Saturday. Both coming into a scrape 15 minutes apart. They were making rubs and marking the scrape. They were fired up! One came from above the hill and the over from below. One was young, maybe 2. The other around 3 years old in his prime.

smyrnagc

whwood21":ky6376sk said:
Saw two bucks at 10:30 Saturday. Both coming into a scrape 15 minutes apart. They were making rubs and marking the scrape. They were fired up! One came from above the hill and the over from below. One was young, maybe 2. The other around 3 years old in his prime.

What county?

Spurhunter

Fayette County: the poor trees don't have a chance. The bucks are wearing them out rubbing. Finding new scrapes every few days. Young bucks working scrapes every time they get close to one. Does still bunched up and bucks still running together. Only thing the big ones seem to care about right now are acorns.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UTGrad

SC Manimal":187ko3zr said:
Alright veterans help me out; I'm trying to learn. At what point do we break out the doe in heat?

Depends where you are located. Northern middle TN it might work now. Southern middle TN might be better closer to Thanksgiving.

Personally I haven't had much success with estrous scents. Find some does and when one goes in heat you won't need estrous scent.

Westcoach41

Williamson County: Trail cams show the big boys have broken up and roaming. Two young bucks still hanging together. I have about 7 does that keep showing up. I'm going to sit in the stand Sat -Tuesday... should have all the info I need by Monday.

gobblesandgrunts

Westcoach41":alrpuqc3 said:
Williamson County: Trail cams show the big boys have broken up and roaming. Two young bucks still hanging together. I have about 7 does that keep showing up. I'm going to sit in the stand Sat -Tuesday... should have all the info I need by Monday.
Good luck! Sounds like they are ready at your place

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk