Annual “rut report” thread

Bgoodman30

2fc742fa42d11d6d56b35f01ce9e1ec5.jpg

The ladies are on their toes right now!

Stopped by farm on way home from work right at dark and glassed a field. I could see a big body buck scent checking does downwind. He pushed them a little..

Just the intel I needed... Can't wait till Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ladys man

Anyone have any reports on roane cty area, have a small farm in rockwood I got this yr and haven't hunted it yet. Gana give it a go Saturday hopefully

Ladys man

waterman":2hctnzpr said:
no real chasing but definitely tending. keeping the does in their sights. where in rockwood you hunting? I have couple of spots there myself

About mile from the lake not far from smoke rise area

gatodoc

Ladys man":2udco74j said:
waterman":2udco74j said:
no real chasing but definitely tending. keeping the does in their sights. where in rockwood you hunting? I have couple of spots there myself

About mile from the lake not far from smoke rise area

Wave at me as you go by....I live just off Caney Creek on Easter Dr. You'll drive right by my place. Watch out for young bucks and does when driving in. They're all over Caney Creek early in the morning after you leave hwy 70.....

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
ttf909":3unf3ne4 said:
just watched a 130 ish 8 breed a doe in a local city park approx midnight . Cleveland tn

So many questions! :rotf: :poke: JK lol but that's nice to know!

tree_ghost

The big stuff is starting to move in daylight. Time to hit it once this rain passes boys. Rutherford/Davidson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whwood21

Went for a evening run around some fields in Davidson county. I saw several decent 2.5 year old bucks on the move and more does than I could count. Even caught a bigger boy hiding in the woods, maybe 3.5 with quite the mount. I had to scare several of them off the road as I was getting too close for comfort. I bet I saw 20 deer in 3 miles including bucks and does. This was at 4:30 PM.

Bgoodman30

Basket 10 dead on I65 north on ramp from Brentwood. Wish smoke pole opened tomorrow!

cbhunter

Bgoodman30":30221nkn said:
Basket 10 dead on I65 north on ramp from Brentwood. Wish smoke pole opened tomorrow!

spoke to someone yesterday who was traveling the northern portion of TN from far northwest to north central and into ky. They said there were dead deer EVERYWHERE along that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight rider

I have been out every day this week until today. Seen several deer cruising trying to cross a hot doe trail. Yesterday l did a drag into my area and before I could get fully set up in my climber had a huge black shadow follow my drag right to a scent hang. 20 yards out. Unfortunately it was about 15 min before day break. Hope he comes by again tomorrow just a little later.

mdjuh42

Big boys are up in Wilson county. Witnessed two mature deer chasing, one yesterday afternoon and one this morning before i couldnt take the rain anymore. ITS HERE!

bigtex

Saw some chasing yesterday evening in McMinn County.
I was watching two fawns and was wondering where Mom was, was afraid that maybe the neighbor had killed her. A small 4 point started running them all over the place. A few minutes later I hear something running from the opposite direction and saw a mature doe being dogged by a decent 8 point, I assume it was the twin fawns Mom. He was grunting his fool head off. They both stopped 20 yards in front of my stand for a few seconds as I was trying to decide whether or not to kill him. About the time I decided to take the shot they both took off again. Still kicking myself for being too slow.
Saw them again several minutes later but too far to shoot.
Hurry Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Spurhunter

I have to accept or decline next week's overtime before I leave today. Y'all are killing me. We do this every year and jump the gun a little, but it seems like they are ready this time. Heck, I'm thinking about turning down the overtime and taking vacation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mdjuh42

All depends where youre hunting at spurhunter. Northern middle Tennessee is at prime chase phase, other parts of the state may be a little behind. Most of the state's herd will be bred over the next two week period with exceptions to a few religions.

Spurhunter

mdjuh42":1zn158y6 said:
All depends where youre hunting at spurhunter. Northern middle Tennessee is at prime chase phase, other parts of the state may be a little behind. Most of the state's herd will be bred over the next two week period with exceptions to a few religions.
I'm in Fayette county. SW Tennessee. I have a big, mature buck coming out during daylight hours pretty regular, but I've been greedy and working too much. I know I'm hunting Saturday Sunday Monday coming up. Still debating on the overtime. It's hard to turn down double time!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter

Andy S.":2p8c0szj said:
mdjuh42":2p8c0szj said:
All depends where youre hunting ...... Northern middle Tennessee is at prime chase phase, other parts of the state may be a little behind.
Ditto. SW TN is usually 10-14 days behind northern middle TN.

Andy, I hunt in Hickory Withe. I haven't seen any mature buck rut activity yet. Just the young ones scraping and thrashing every tree they can get on. I think you are right that we are a little ways out. Is this what you are seeing as well?

Latest posts